Away Match Day Thread 10/10/2020 L1 Gillingham v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand all this “take a draw” moderation of expectations. Last season we finished third, were storming towards the automatics and dominated a play off final.

We lost one to two decent players. And added plenty more. We should be striving to win this league and that means going in to every game expecting and hoping for a win.

0-2 Oxford.
I agree we should feel we can win every match, but me lost more than ‘2 decent players’ and have injury problems to the point we’re playing at least 3 players out of position, there’s clearly a reason to temper expectations for today’s game

With all that being said I think we’ll win 5-0

Hard to say a team with so many fitness unknowns. Any kind of a win would be great, if not then at least a sensible team selection from Robinson (Forde in midfield, Agyei involved in some meaningful way) and a decent performance would be nice

DXgnrplXkAA4gFl

PLAYED FOR BOTH includes : John Mousinho, Colin Duncan (above) , Peter Foley, Colin Greenall, Emmanuel Omoyinmi (below), Andy Thomson, Trevor Aylott, Alex MacDonald, Paul Shaw, Jordan Graham, Sean Clare and many more.

DfaA2w0WkAAqo-V

That away end, I always thought looked a bit unstable, but in todays world sitting on the back row in the open might be the safest place to avoid that horrible virus hanging around at the moment.

Quelle surprise!
apparently Gills wanted to buy Sean Clare according to Kent Live

Eastwood
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Kelly
Forde Brannagan
Henry Taylor Cooper

SUBS: Winnall, Agyei, Sykes, Gorrin, Mcguane, Clare, Stevens​

Squad starting to look a little less threadbare now!

Hopefully Atkinson is fit, as we don't really have an adequate replacement at CB at the moment, other than Long, who's not really a CB anymore, and is a much better option at full back.

Ruffels has had an extra week full training, and seeing as it was only a shoulder issue, I would think he's ready to return now.

Clare put in a much improved performance against Accrington, but this will be a physical away game, and Long has been too strong and solid to drop, so if he's not covering at CB, I think he should get the nod over Clare.

Ideally, I would like to see a midfield of Gorrin, Forde and Brannagan, but Gorrin surely isn't ready to start yet, so Kelly deserves another start after his good performance against Accrington.

Would like to see Cooper start, as we haven't seen much of him yet, and hopefully he can reproduce some of the good work from his last appearance against Accy.

More than anything though, 3 points please, then we can focus on putting the finishing touches to the squad next week!
COYY

Eastwood
Long Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Kelly
Forde Brannagan
Henry Taylor Cooper

SUBS: Winnall, Agyei, Sykes, Gorrin, Mcguane, Clare, Stevens​

Squad starting to look a little less threadbare now!

Hopefully Atkinson is fit, as we don't really have an adequate replacement at CB at the moment, other than Long, who's not really a CB anymore, and is a much better option at full back.

Ruffels has had an extra week full training, and seeing as it was only a shoulder issue, I would think he's ready to return now.

Clare put in a much improved performance against Accrington, but this will be a physical away game, and Long has been too strong and solid to drop, so if he's not covering at CB, I think he should get the nod over Clare.

Ideally, I would like to see a midfield of Gorrin, Forde and Brannagan, but Gorrin surely isn't ready to start yet, so Kelly deserves another start after his good performance against Accrington.

Would like to see Cooper start, as we haven't seen much of him yet, and hopefully he can reproduce some of the good work from his last appearance against Accy.

More than anything though, 3 points please, then we can focus on putting the finishing touches to the squad next week!
COYY
isnt Cooper on international call up with NI ?

Gillingham bought well, have a wily manager, are organised and strong at set plays. Weve been chod bar one game and havent strengthened where needed. Players coming back to fitness but not quite there and wont be at their best. 2 nil Gills.

Gillingham bought well, have a wily manager, are organised and strong at set plays. Weve been chod bar one game and havent strengthened where needed. Players coming back to fitness but not quite there and wont be at their best. 2 nil Gills.
Glad to see you keeping up the good work I’m going to agree and say because we’re so crap gills 5 oufc 1

We would have won there last year if Gorrin hadn't given away a silly penalty. An extra 2 points there and we'd have been promoted.

0-1 Taylor

Strange how every other team has a good manager players and have recruited well according to you .

I know who I would rather watch for skill, entertainment & talent...................... rather than borderline cheating, dark arts and thuggery.
Winning at all costs devalues the entertainment, give me a 4-3 defeat over a 1-0 turgid loss any day.

Cooper is unavailable as he is in the 26 man squad for Northern Ireland's 3 games - he was one of 3 players left out of the matchday squad v Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Strange how every other team has a good manager players and have recruited well according to you .
I called out Lincoln and Gills as having recruited well (plus Brizzle which is a bit of an anomaly). Lincoln top of the league and playing very well. Gills been steady with Jordan Graham outstanding.

Ive been very open on here that i dont think weve recruited particularly well. Lets see how today goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom