Away Match Build Up 10/10/2020 L1 Gillingham v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Once more into the breach. What a busy month. I feel that we'll win this one quite comfortably (says my heart). 3-0 for the mighty Yellows

DR_2HFCX4AExe4w

A BLAST FROM THE PAST - U’s Jon Obika and Gills Sean Clare tussle for the ball, Priestfield Stadium Boxing Day 2017.

Eastwood
Clare Moore Jones Ruffels
Forde Kelly Brannagan
Henry Taylor Osei

Bench: Stevens, Long, Elechi, Gorrin, Sykes, McGuane, Winnall

Obviously Aygei, Hall & Hanson not involved if they’re the 3 in talks with moves away.

1-1............. 14 balls get lost in the scaffolding of the longest serving temporary stand in modern football.

As an aside I remember a visit ,way back in the mists of time, when the barmaid at one particular pub was exceedingly "hospitable".
When I awoke the following day after returning home "late" on the train I thought the work van had been pinched.
I then realised I had driven there.............................................................. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I'd almost welcome standing on that awful open pile of scaffolding!
On a similar vein, there is a Reading blog on letting fans back in, which contains this gem
"I would honestly give my right arm to watch us get trampled 4-0 at home to Oxford United right now. And as much as you, my fellow Loyal Royals, might try and deny it - I know you would too."

OM reporting that Gorrin, Ruffels and Winnall are all in the squad for Saturday - which is good news.
Atkinson may or may not make it, but will only be a one game absence at most.

Putting those two tweets together means that saving £200k on the transfer fee will allow Gillingham to get to mid November before going bust!!

I don't want to undermine the real struggles of many lower league clubs, but you can't spend hundreds of thousands on a defender whilst also pleading poverty and needing a bail out.
A little unfair. One is a direct quote from the owner of the club while the other is a random transfer rumour site and is likely to be utter nonsense.

A little unfair. One is a direct quote from the owner of the club while the other is a random transfer rumour site and is likely to be utter nonsense.
The point is that only a couple of weeks ago the chairman is talking about going out of business by Christmas, but then looking to spend in the transfer window. As an industry we can't moan about not being helped financially whilst spending silly money. I'd love us to spend every penny of the Rob Dickie fee, bring in several first team ready players and loan out those not making the grade, but I also want a club to support! Football clubs need responsible ownership more than ever and Mr Scally (appropriately named!) might want to prioritise the long term future of his club.

The point is that only a couple of weeks ago the chairman is talking about going out of business by Christmas, but then looking to spend in the transfer window. As an industry we can't moan about not being helped financially whilst spending silly money. I'd love us to spend every penny of the Rob Dickie fee, bring in several first team ready players and loan out those not making the grade, but I also want a club to support! Football clubs need responsible ownership more than ever and Mr Scally (appropriately named!) might want to prioritise the long term future of his club.
Where does Scally say he wants to spend money in the window?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom