Away Match Day Thread +++ 10/07/2019 PSF: Thame United v OUFC MDT +++

I dont think Guthrie would be required to be a ball player as such. Dickie is more of the ball player out of defence and was last season with Nelson alongside him. You need someone to keep it simple at the back.

By my reckoning, all our CBs have had bring the ball forward and take a pass off Easty. It's the way we play. Difficult to tell on tonight alone, but certainly signs of promise from him and I'll add that Walsall, at our place last season were one of the better footballing teams we faced (before their season imploded)...so yeah, promising.

Can anyone shed any light on how McMahon played tonight, after KR had said earlier that he had done no pre season with the squad.

Judging by the OM article, it sounds like he just turned up at training and said he wants to be a part of things. Fair play if he did it off his own back and his stats for last season were decent so he might be first choice come the start of the season.

Judging by the OM article, it sounds like he just turned up at training and said he wants to be a part of things. Fair play if he did it off his own back and his stats for last season were decent so he might be first choice come the start of the season.
Well he presumably has been looking for a new club and hadn't managed to find one.
Oufc are paying him so if he cant find another club he needs to trah. And try and get into the team. Unless if course he sorts himself out somewhere else?

Of the younger players I thought that Berkoe and Lofthouse both looked very good (Lofthouse better than last night). Both pacy with decent delivery.
Robbie Hall looks quite sharp.
Thame went in and mistimed a lot more tackes than Oxford City did. A number of Oxford players went down after heavy tackles
And Brannagan let the Thame player know he was out of order

Well he presumably has been looking for a new club and hadn't managed to find one.
Oufc are paying him so if he cant find another club he needs to trah. And try and get into the team. Unless if course he sorts himself out somewhere else?
That's pretty much how I read the situation. Probably can't find a northern club in L1 who wants to take him on whatever wages he's on.

Some good signs on both nights from the youngsters, Lofthouse and Berkoe both did well I thought. Gorrin wants to be involved in everything and shows good distribution. Brannigan looks up for it, but god do we need a striker, the chances that went begging or blasted over in both games pretty worrying.

Some good signs on both nights from the youngsters, Lofthouse and Berkoe both did well I thought. Gorrin wants to be involved in everything and shows good distribution. Brannigan looks up for it, but god do we need a striker, the chances that went begging or blasted over in both games pretty worrying.
Yes Gorrin and Brannagan look as if they could be a very good midfield pairing.

Yes Gorrin and Brannagan look as if they could be a very good midfield pairing.
As long as they stay a pair and don't get separated by suspension's, Gorrins not one to hold back is he?

Back
Top Bottom