Away Match Day Thread +++ 10/07/2019 PSF: Thame United v OUFC MDT +++

So, looking at that list, I'm presuming Dickie and Guthrie in the middle, Hanson and Berkoe at full back, Gorrin McCReadie holding, then Fosu, Lofty and Frear behind Whyte? Maybe more 433 with Heap coming on?

So, looking at that list, I'm presuming Dickie and Guthrie in the middle, Hanson and Berkoe at full back, Gorrin McCReadie holding, then Fosu, Lofty and Frear behind Whyte? Maybe more 433 with Heap coming on?
I hope so. I don't know why we're attempting the failed 4-2-3-1 from last season again.

My thoughts on the first half. If we had a striker it would be 4/5. So many good crosses and through balls begging for a striker to finish. Fosu looked decent before going off. Lighthouse played well but stand out player was gorrin (granted only Thame) he looked heads and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch. Also shout-out to to berkoe. Looks a good attacking lb

59' SUBS for Oxford: Lots of them! All the outfield 10 go off with Tony McMahon, Sam Allardyce, John Mousinho, Josh Ruffels, Mark Sykes, Cameron Brannagan, Fabio Lopes, James Henry, Rob Hall, and Malachi Napa coming on - Club tweet

Seems a bit harsh on Aaron Heap, but then again, perhaps he wasnt planned to be involved at all?

Good stuff - some very positive noises regarding some of the youngsters involved again.

Was on the touchline at halftime and the scouts were discussing Frear, said he makes different runs and has good delivery, which I agreed with. They, interestingly, added, that he was 'half the wage of the other guy' and 'ideal if we get that CF in'.

Make of that what you will.

My thoughts were he looked lively, if a little lightweight. He's less built than Browne and not as good at beating a man, so can see him getting clattered a fair bit.

Gorrin impressed, constantly looking to dictate play. Berkoe could be a useful fullback cover, Cam looked bright when he came on too, buzzing around. Guthrie has great stature and moves well, I wonder if he's as comfortable ball playing as much as he will be required to, but didn't worry me in that against Thame, of course.

Was on the touchline at halftime and the scouts were discussing Frear, said he makes different runs and has good delivery, which I agreed with. They, interestingly, added, that he was 'half the wage of the other guy' and 'ideal if we get that CF in'.

My thoughts were he looked lively, if a little lightweight. He's less built than Browne and not as good at beating a man, so can see him getting clattered a fair bit.

Gorrin impressed, constantly looking to dictate play. Berkoe could be a useful fullback cover, Cam looked bright when he came on too, buzzing around. Guthrie has great stature and moves well, I wonder if he's as comfortable ball playing as much as he will be required to, but didn't worry me in that against Thame, of course.
thought Guthrie looked assured 2nd half at CPF last night

OWS match report from Thame PSF ...

I dont think Guthrie would be required to be a ball player as such. Dickie is more of the ball player out of defence and was last season with Nelson alongside him. You need someone to keep it simple at the back.

Of the younger players I thought that Berkoe and Lofthouse both looked very good (Lofthouse better than last night). Both pacy with decent delivery.
Robbie Hall looks quite sharp.
Thame went in and mistimed a lot more tackes than Oxford City did. A number of Oxford players went down after heavy tackles

Back
Top Bottom