Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/04/2018 OUFC v Fleetwood Town Match Day Thread +++

ttg17

Right the only match day thread I've started this year was Charlton away, and given that that was such an absurdly fortunate result for us, I'm hoping that my influence on the MDT will give us the rub of the green again tomorrow.

On the face of it, Fleetwood have done very well to drag themselves away from the relegation battle in recent weeks. They're up to 13th with 51 points, and their loss at Rotherham on Saturday was their first in the league since Pompey in late February. However, this run might be slightly misleading - in that run they've played MKD, Wimbledon, Rochdale and Northampton, so perhaps not the most difficult batch of fixtures. They seem to be a team that's probably too good for relegation, but is by no means world beaters - which is, you would hope, what OUFC could be classified as this season.

The second of our three home cup finals this week. Despite their league position I reckon we can get at them, and we really do need a win here. Won't be much of an away following, a cold, rainy Tuesday night in Oxford, if we get into them early they won't wanna know, and we have a midfield that can get at teams.

Mowatt coming back will be a boost (I know he's not highly rated here, but he's had a couple weeks off so should be fresh), and I'd like to see Napa start, given he was rested on the weekend.

3-1 Yellows (Thomas, Rothwell, Ledson)

To many this is a must win match. To me this is a must not lose match. 0-0 again.

To many this is a must win match. To me this is a must not lose match. 0-0 again.
A loss is unthinkable. A win would take the pressure off and would mean us hitting the 50 points mark. So we would need probably a maximum of a point or two, but could even have enough already.
A draw? Not disastrous. 48 points, with Southend and Rochdale still to come at home.

Well I hope you can make us feel like we did coming out of the Charlton match ttg17, we need another clean sheet, I'm going 2-0 win OUFC

Let’s not forget to be Charlton and Wigan fans for the night too. A couple of favours from those two would help as well.

A Blackpool win to finish off Northampton would be helpful too if just to fill one of the four places.

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mous Ricardinho
Napa Ledson Carroll Rothwell
Brannagan
Obika

Don't know how serious Henry/Thomas/Ruffels injuries were so that's worst case scenario.

1-0, Rothwell. COYY.

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mousinho Ricardinho
Napa Ledson Brannagan Rothwell
Thomas Obika

1-1, Rothwell for us.

Injuries could mean that we have very few attacking on the bench,

Buckley -Ricketts may still have a part to play if KR has got through to him, out of necessity?

A must win game for me ........ if only so we can scrub Fleetwood off the list of top four tier teams we have never beaten. I can just about accept and live with the other two!

After the last few games, I struggle to see where the goals will come from.

Draw would be acceptable on the basis that I think we'll beat Rochdale.

I suspect Mowatt may come into the team and provide some fresh legs in the midfield.

• React
Reactions: MJB
After the last few games, I struggle to see where the goals will come from.

Draw would be acceptable on the basis that I think we'll beat Rochdale.
Sorry but did you not think we would beat Oldham, I would put them down as the easiest of the remaining teams we had.

Sorry but did you not think we would beat Oldham, I would put them down as the easiest of the remaining teams we had.
Oldham definitely not easiest left. When both teams are trying not to lose the game and take risks to stop being sucked in further to the relegation battle becomes more difficult.

Oldham definitely not easiest left. When both teams are trying not to lose the game and take risks to stop being sucked in further to the relegation battle becomes more difficult.
I had Southend as the 'easiest' game as it means nothing to them. Then Fleetwood (although they are on a very good run) Oldham was going to be tough as they had a huge amount to play for and were on a reasonable run of results.

Back
Top Bottom