Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/02/18 OUFC V BRISTOL ROVERS MATCH THREAD +++

CornishOx

Let's get it started. Build on the good result at Charlton.

I'm going 2-1 to the yellows (Henry and a Mowatt FK)

We'll go 2-0 early, play well, Bristol will score in the last 15 minutes to set up a tight finale, but Henry will come up with our 3rd after a counter attack from a corner in the 88th minute.

1-1 with a solid display and no defensive errors would do me just fine.

Still hoping that the Charlton game wasn't just a blip. Would be a real shame to see us go back to Pep standards.

We never beat this lot at home, however i fancy us to do so tomorrow. Play like we did at Charlton with the fast paced football and we can beat anybody in this league.

Rovers play a horrible brand of football in where they are going to go in hard for tackles l and time waste when they can. If we're going to give abuse and BOO anyone tomorrow then it's that lot in the Blue and white not the ones in yellow and blue.

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mousinho ASB
Ledson Mowatt Ruffles
IBR Thomas Rothwell

2-0 Oxford
IBR Mousinho both at the East Stand end.

9350 ATT

Would get Napa on around 55', his confidence must be high and he looked very good at Charlton. Or, start him in a false nine. We do have options though, especially with Henry's upturn in form - looked good at Walsall and Charlton.

Eastwood
Kane Martin Mousinho Smith-Brown
Ledson Rothwell Ruffels
IBR Mowatt
Thomas

Won't call a score on this one, but IBR will score from a counterattack.

Tough game tomorrow, never do well against the gas at home. Starting well is a must, so many times under pep we started slow and gave ourselves a mountain to climb. I can see it being close and entertaining and I think we will win 2-1. Goals from IBR and Henry.

Gavin Ward the referee tomorrow hasn't been a ref at game of ours since the one nil win at Charlton last season

Looking at games he has been ref at though 4-0 Sheffield United v Swindon and 5-0 Luton v Swindon

Another win - let’s get the promotion bandwagon rolling!!
The three teams above us are playing away tomorrow, with Pompey and Posh both catchable.

Four teams below are capable of catching us, including the Gas.

So we could be anywhere between 8th and 14th come 5pm tomorrow.

Go for the jugular with pace, width and high press

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mousinho ASB
IBR Ledson Ruffels Riccy
Napa
Thomas

Not sure this is the game to start Dickie. Would continue with M&M for tomorrow at least.

Rothwell must start down the middle. Superb last week and can be the game changer.

Eastwood
Kane Martin Mousinho ASB
Ledson
Henry Mowatt Rothwell IBR
Thomas

EDIT: Forgot score prediction. 1-0 HT 3-1 FT Thomas, Henry, IBR

The three teams above us are playing away tomorrow, with Pompey and Posh both catchable.

Four teams below are capable of catching us, including the Gas.

So we could be anywhere between 8th and 14th come 5pm tomorrow.
The season is still very much alive

Go for the jugular with pace, width and high press

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mousinho ASB
IBR Ledson Ruffels Riccy
Napa
Thomas
I would say Rothwell over Riccy then there’s an option for Faz for later on

I would say Rothwell over Riccy then there’s an option for Faz for later on
Was the dilemma for me but thought let's try and get in front for once rather than chasing then bring on Rothwell and Mowatt to shore things up.

Eastwood
Kane Martin Dickie ASB
Henry Ledson Mowatt IBR
Rothwell
Thomas

Harsh on Napa and Ruffels, but shows the depth we've got when everyone's fit. Faz suggested they'll be direct, so might be worth dropping Mous given he can't seem to win a header.
2-1, Rothwell '20 and Ricardinho '79.

Back
Top Bottom