Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/02/18 OUFC V BRISTOL ROVERS MATCH THREAD +++

Stats
Only 2 teams have had more shots than Rovers (403) - Bradford (406) & posh (410)
Gas shots on target (160) 39.7%
Gas conversion rate for Shots on Target 26.9%

Oxford shots 356
On target 156 - 43.8%
Conversion rate - 30.1%

Both teams have conceded similar number of goals - Gas 47, OUFC 45

Prediction
Gas will shoot on sight and stats suggest 1-1 unless we press higher forcing Rovers to shoot from longer range.
2-1 to OUFC if we put them on back foot.

I’ve really got good vibes. Two from Thomas and a late goal from Sercombe. 2-1 and a crowd of 8765

I've got a spare under 6''s ticket. If anyone wants it we'll be in the pool club from about mid-day.

3-1: IRB, Rothwell & a Mowatt free kick.

Sercombe will undoubtedly score. I'll give him a good reception, unless he acts like a complete nob.

Tricky one, full away support, not a very good record against them at home obviously a 3-1 win for the mighty yellows, let our winning run continue.

Last time we beat Rovers was in 2011 and have lost the last 4 at home I believe?
Time to change that..

Interesting statistics from their forum.
Oxford Utd 10TH
Oxford Utd have won 45%, drawn 20% and lost 35% of their last 20 home games.

Oxford Utd have scored in 95% of their last 20 home games. (Only failed to score against Wigan at home)

Oxford Utd have kept a clean sheet in 7 of their last 20 home games, going on to win 7 and draw 0 of these matches.

Bristol R 13TH
Bristol R have won 20%, drawn 15% and lost 65% of their last 20 away games.

Bristol R have scored in 50% of their last 20 away games.

Bristol R have kept a clean sheet in 4 of their last 20 away games, going on to win 2 and draw 2 of these matches.

Oxford Utd 10TH
Oxford Utd have scored exactly 2 goals in 5 of their last 20 home games, going on to win 2, draw 1 and lose 2 of these matches.

Oxford Utd have conceded 1 goal or less in 55% of their last 20 home games.

Bristol R 13TH
Bristol R have scored 1 goal or less in 16 of their last 20 away games, going on to win 1, draw 3 and lose 12 of these matches.

Bristol R have conceded exactly 1 goal in 6 of their last 20 away games, going on to win 1, draw 1 and lose 4 of these matches.

Oxford Utd 10TH
Oxford Utd have failed to score in 5% of their last 20 home games.

Oxford Utd have kept a clean sheet in 35% of their last 20 home games.

Bristol R 13TH
Bristol R have failed to score in 50% of their last 20 away games.

Bristol R have kept a clean sheet in 20% of their last 20 away games.

Oxford Utd 10TH
In their last 20 home games, Oxford Utd have scored the first goal 11 times and conceded the first goal 9 times.

In their last 20 home games, 41% of the 37 goals scored by Oxford Utd have come from forwards, 46% from midfielders and 14% from defenders.

Bristol R 10TH
In their last 20 away games, Bristol R have scored the first goal 5 times and conceded the first goal 13 times.

In their last 20 away games, 75% of the 20 goals scored by Bristol R have come from forwards, 15% from midfielders and 10% from defenders.

Oxford Utd 10TH
Oxford Utd have won 3, drawn 0 and lost 4 of the last 7 stagings of this fixture, being outscored by their opponents by 9 goals to 8.

Oxford Utd have scored in 95% of their last 20 home games.

Bristol R 13TH
Bristol R have won 4, drawn 0 and lost 3 of the last 7 stagings of this fixture, outscoring their opponents by 9 goals to 8.

After reading this on their site i reckon it's highly likely whoever scores first will be the overall winner.

Interesting statistics from their forum.
Oxford Utd 10TH
Oxford Utd have won 45%, drawn 20% and lost 35% of their last 20 home games.

Oxford Utd have scored in 95% of their last 20 home games. (Only failed to score against Wigan at home)

Oxford Utd have kept a clean sheet in 7 of their last 20 home games, going on to win 7 and draw 0 of these matches.

Bristol R 13TH
Bristol R have won 20%, drawn 15% and lost 65% of their last 20 away games.

Bristol R have kept a clean sheet in 4 of their last 20 away games, going on to win 2 and draw 2 of these matches.

Oxford Utd 10TH
Oxford Utd have scored exactly 2 goals in 5 of their last 20 home games, going on to win 2, draw 1 and lose 2 of these matches.

Oxford Utd have conceded 1 goal or less in 55% of their last 20 home games.

Bristol R 13TH
Bristol R have scored 1 goal or less in 16 of their last 20 away games, going on to win 1, draw 3 and lose 12 of these matches.

Bristol R have conceded exactly 1 goal in 6 of their last 20 away games, going on to win 1, draw 1 and lose 4 of these matches.

Oxford Utd 10TH
Oxford Utd have failed to score in 5% of their last 20 home games.

Bristol R 13TH
Bristol R have failed to score in 50% of their last 20 away games.

Oxford Utd 10TH
In their last 20 home games, Oxford Utd have scored the first goal 11 times and conceded the first goal 9 times.

In their last 20 home games, 41% of the 37 goals scored by Oxford Utd have come from forwards, 46% from midfielders and 14% from defenders.

Bristol R 10TH
In their last 20 away games, Bristol R have scored the first goal 5 times and conceded the first goal 13 times.

In their last 20 away games, 75% of the 20 goals scored by Bristol R have come from forwards, 15% from midfielders and 10% from defenders.

Oxford Utd 10TH
Oxford Utd have won 3, drawn 0 and lost 4 of the last 7 stagings of this fixture, being outscored by their opponents by 9 goals to 8.

Oxford Utd have scored in 95% of their last 20 home games.

Bristol R 13TH
Bristol R have won 4, drawn 0 and lost 3 of the last 7 stagings of this fixture, outscoring their opponents by 9 goals to 8.

After reading this on their site i reckon it's highly likely whoever scores first will be the overall winner.

Now the Bierkeller in Brizzle has shut, I guess some of Irene's brood of pompadors have a bit too much time on their hands?:p

Its gonna be a hard fought match in the drizzle .... I fancy a 2-1 home win,with a(nother) late, late winner ..... proper smash n grab style

Very nice to see the flags and banners back long may it be so. It's a day to get right behind the boys in yellow and blue, the crowd were great at Charlton same again please. 2-1 to the yellows for me.

Very nice to see the flags and banners back long may it be so. It's a day to get right behind the boys in yellow and blue, the crowd were great at Charlton same again please. 2-1 to the yellows for me.
Would be good to have it at every home game.

Afternoon all. Gut feeling for this one is Oxford fans going home with a smile on their faces. A good performance, as per Charlton, will give us victory. COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Back
Top Bottom