Home Match Day Thread +++ 10/02/18 OUFC V BRISTOL ROVERS MATCH THREAD +++

Don’t get moving ibr to bring Henry in. He showed on sat what a threat he is on his natural right. And mowatt is much better further forward and ruffles adds more balance being left footed, mowatt doesn’t off the defensive protection ruffels does when Ledson goes forward. Go exactly the same Henry did well coming off the bench and not having to run as far up and down the line. Definitely bring dickie in, but I think he might stick for this game with the other two. And play rothwell on the left but let him have the free role to roam a bit more.

What a pleasant distraction from all the bickering and backbiting this is, an actual game to concentrate on. A lively game with a load of cards ending in a 3-1 win to the yellows with Thomas, Mowatt and Rothwell for us and you know who for them. Lost one of the lucky gloves last week so a major search is being undertaken as we speak.

Adding on to my previous post, if we play like we do at Charlton with lots of running on the ball, I can see Rovers getting a red card at some point.

Don’t get moving ibr to bring Henry in. He showed on sat what a threat he is on his natural right. And mowatt is much better further forward and ruffles adds more balance being left footed, mowatt doesn’t off the defensive protection ruffels does when Ledson goes forward. Go exactly the same Henry did well coming off the bench and not having to run as far up and down the line. Definitely bring dickie in, but I think he might stick for this game with the other two. And play rothwell on the left but let him have the free role to roam a bit more.
I agree with those sentiments and if we were away I'd start Rothwell but if the Gas are going to be spoilers and tight at the back I'd love to see ASB and Riccy overlapping on the left. With IBR and Kane doing similar on the right then putting the ball into the wide channels must surely cause havoc in the Rovers rearguard. Add to that Napa in a 10 type role we could really pull there defence around and I agree with others on here who could see them down to 10 men early doors.

I agree with those sentiments and if we were away I'd start Rothwell but if the Gas are going to be spoilers and tight at the back I'd love to see ASB and Riccy overlapping on the left. With IBR and Kane doing similar on the right then putting the ball into the wide channels must surely cause havoc in the Rovers rearguard. Add to that Napa in a 10 type role we could really pull there defence around and I agree with others on here who could see them down to 10 men early doors.

I’d have that, although if we going to play riccy wide (he did well at Charlton) then I’d put rothwell behind the striker and drop mowatt to the bench. We want him to stay then we need to play him. And he adds so much pace and threat bursting forward

Last edited by a moderator:
When did we see the words 'pace' or 'threat' without 'no' preceding them? I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

When discussing how the opposition took us apart?

• React
Reactions: Ian
When did we see the words 'pace' or 'threat' without 'no' preceding them? I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

I think bazzer might have mentioned it about our strikers once or twice

I hope we score first otherwise we will have bloody Goodnight Irene all afternoon.
We need to go two up otherwise if they make it 1-1 then the same thing will happen. I can't stand listening to "Goodnight Irene" it's a terrible chant in my opinion Yellow Submarine so much better.

IM going tomorrow, and can’t wait. I think we will do them for pace all over the pitch, and think we will come out 5-1 winners.

So as with most recent home games this season I am hopeful but not confident. Recent home games (Bury, Wigan, Blackpool and Doncaster) have all seen poor performances. Tomorrow however we have new players, new “temporary” manager and players boyant on the back of a last gasp win at Charlton. The omens therefore look promising but we know Rovers will have excellent support and a much different style to last week’s opponents. Will our youngsters respond to this, who knows, certainly not me but I am looking forward to seeing the “new” team and just maybe at 5 pm tomorrow we will once again be on the positive bus.

Think this will be a really hard fought encounter, going for a 1-1 draw.

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see several yellow cards and a couple of red ones too.

Looking forward to seeing the new signings on home turf, no idea what the lineup will be, but suspect (like Charlton) who is left out of the squad will be the most telling.

COYY.

What a pleasant distraction from all the bickering and backbiting this is, an actual game to concentrate on. A lively game with a load of cards ending in a 3-1 win to the yellows with Thomas, Mowatt and Rothwell for us and you know who for them. Lost one of the lucky gloves last week so a major search is being undertaken as we speak.

You know who! When did they sign Lord voldemort?

If u can’t find the other glove will u still wear the one mj style. To at least give us a chance ??

Half a chance, Shirley?

One thing that worries me, a bit of a conspiracy theory but both times we've been flipped this season at kick off we've lost.Hope Sercombe doesn't mention that we like to go towards East stand second half. Hopefully Mousinho wins the toss tomorrow.

One thing that worries me, a bit of a conspiracy theory but both times we've been flipped this season at kick off we've lost.Hope Sercombe doesn't mention that we like to go towards East stand second half. Hopefully Mousinho wins the toss tomorrow.
We've lost a few when we've won the toss too. It does create a better atmosphere going to the East second half but I'd rather be out of sight at half time regardless...

My guess is Oxford United 2 (Ledson and Michael Kane) Bristol Rovers 1 att: 9688 and 1809 goodnight Ireners. I foresee 12 'Rovers' on the pitch - 11 Bristol players and a dog called Rover.

Let’s hope we carry on where we left off last week!!!
The confidence should be higher than for some time and it will be a cracking atmosphere.
My last game for a few weeks so hopefully it will be a United win.
3-1
COYY

Back
Top Bottom