Away Match Day Thread 1/5/2021 L1 Shrewsbury Town v OUFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't see Pompey dropping points next week nor can I see us beating Burton who have been in great form. Sorry.

So Oxford have taken 12 points of the last 15 available and Burton have taken 6, yet you say we have no chance because Burton have been in great form 🤣🤣🤣

Couldn’t make it up.

Yes, it is a tough fixture, but writing us off is a bit odd.

Last edited:
So Oxford have taken 12 points of the last 15 available and Burton have taken 6, yet you say we have no chance because Burton have been in great form 🤣🤣🤣

Couldn’t make it up.

Yes, it is a tough fixture, but writing is off is a bit odd.
On paper it couldn’t be a better fixture, as they have nothing to prove, while even the relegated teams will want to make a point. But last results are often pretty odd.

Nerves kicking in, I know we are good enough to win today, but even if we are 3 up going into added time I'll be nervy until that final whistle goes.

Come on you yellows
I knew I'd be nervous, but not THAT nervous 🤣🤣

On paper it couldn’t be a better fixture, as they have nothing to prove, while even the relegated teams will want to make a point. But last results are often pretty odd.

I agree.

Almost feels like a lottery as to what will happen on last day of season.

I agree.

Almost feels like a lottery as to what will happen on last day of season.
There are often unexpected 0-1 scores. Last time we had to win at home to reach playoffs we were outplayed by relegated Northwich Victoria. However Accrington are a bit of a nasty bunch and will take pleasure in winding up and frustrating Portsmouth.

Can't see Pompey dropping points next week nor can I see us beating Burton who have been in great form. Sorry.
Why be so 'half glass empty'? Accrington have drawn their last four and are perfectly capable of getting a draw at Portsmouth. We have the third best home record in the division. What's not to be optimistic about?

Shot to nothing for us now, Portsmouth are favourites but we just have to win our game and hope. Charlton are gone for me, they won’t get two wins and one of us or Pompey will win the last game.

I have a horrible feeling we will win but end up ruefully looking at those first 16 games wishing we had picked up a few fluke draws.

I find it a little bit rich listening to people who battered him quite severely at times now praising him - he got slapped when others wouldn’t even get a tut, and most of the compliments were backhanded even when he did something right - but then most of the credit for his resilience isn’t even being given to him it seems. The guy was sitting in the centre circle after a game, almost in tears a few months ago, and while he did that the radio post-match was full of people going spare about how he was some sort of imbecile who had let everyone down. We won that game, by the way, but for 10 straight minutes people took turns at smashing him while he was visibly in bits, rather than talking about the fact that we had won a game. It’s all good and well talking about how a year ago his head was down and he couldn’t look people in the eye, but my question would therefore be this: “So why did you attack him so harshly if you knew he was so fragile?” Can’t have it both ways. I hear a lot of suggestions that he was responsible for his own pastings, but not much acknowledgement that perhaps a few people were too harsh on him, or didn’t get it right in the manner of their own criticisms. Bit of reflection and self-awareness needed, IMO. Maybe he’s happier and has stepped it up because people stopped digging him out, he got a run of games where he said that he wanted to play and felt comfortable, which in turn allowed him to build up confidence and start to develop his game, and it made him feel supported and like he knew where he was as a result. For once. No? Just a thought.

I’ll give Agyei the credit for his own determination and strength of character - he made the decision to start swinging when a lot of people were stamping on him. Between moments like today, the winner at the skip, the towering header back across goal for the equaliser at MK in the 97th minute, he’s produced some massive, massive moments. Those belong to him. Nobody else.

Cheers, Dan. This pint’s for you.
Well done Dan Agyei 👏.
But I suspect that he was not quite at it and maybe had to improve (he has suggested the same itself)
So through the management of him and his own desire and belief he has turned it round.
To me he seems to have upped his game and looks a far better player than he did in the first half of the season.

I'm sure. My point is that there have been some great players for Oxford, and a decade is a long time
Dan now has done enough to start every week and shows massive potential to be one of our top players , he really seems completely on it and what an asset he could be .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom