Home Match Day Thread 1/12/2020 L1 OUFC v Ipswich Town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, hopefully we win.

But Henry instead of Clare?! Clare was brilliant against Portsmouth. Henry was poor against Swindon. If both are fit I just can’t see the logic of that decision. Hope I’m proven wrong.

Shodipo instead of Obita? Maybe Obita isn’t fully fit. But Shodipo was the worst of the subs against Swindon in my opinion. Maybe this is his last chance, and it will get a reaction. But this again seems like a terrible decision. Again, hope I’m wrong.

They both play well and we win, I hold my hands up and say Robinson knows what he’s doing. They play poorly and we lose, and that’s it for me. That’s KR done.
Christ, Shodipo's last chance? He was shite against Swindon (as were most of the team) but has scored a couple of great goals since coming in and I certainly won't be writing him off yet.

Hope I’m shooting myself in the foot, but please note how many times we lose the ball/possession via Long & Ruffels!

Cmon Oxford stop pissing about ....play football

There's no link between the midfield and the forwards. We just passed the ball back from near their corner flag to our own keeper!

Glad we did that than lose the ball.
But the point is that there *should* be an option for the players to do something other than that - whether that is Ipswich being excellent at closing down, lack of movement/shape on ours, I don't know. It's also safety first football - if we are going to actually threaten their goal we need to be far more aggressive, even if that means whacking the ball off an Ipswich player for a throw or corner.

Cmon Oxford you can do better than this ....cant you?

Is anyone else finding picture on ifollow is particulately bad tonight?
I've checked my broadband connection and that's fine.

Stick it in the top corner, their keeper won’t reach it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom