1,000+ tickets sold.

The club have seemingly prioritised the competition so whose fault is it?

The club have seemingly prioritised the competition so whose fault is it?

Odd considering we voted against B teams.

Maybe a certain spaniard liked it? After all, they have B teams in their football system in Spain.

TBH most of those going are probably Chelsea fans too! We know that a high percentage of “lower league” team supporters also have an interest in the Premiership.

If we were playing them in the FA Cup we’d take over 5,000.

I’ve heard a few people say they’re going so that they can tick Stanford Bridge off their list. Which to an extent I understand, but seeing our team line up against a youth team would just be degrading to me.

I suspect that it's a last desperate attempt by those going to get a bit of excitement out of this season.

Don't understand it myself, but I hope they enjoy it.

Yet again the "local / regular" posters fail to appreciate the depth and strength of our fan base. They talk about mickey mouse cup s**t and or their history.
I was there to BUT I am going tonight because my team are playing and it will be a good night out with a few boys.

I'll take a passing interest in the game , I might try and find a live stream on the internet, I might listen on radio Ox , I might be washing my hair . Good luck if your going I'll save my money for the Valley .

This debate is getting a bit like Leavers vs Remainers and about as likely to lead to any kind of consensus

I know people that are not even U's fans that are going tonight. They could not care less about OUFC and are just treating it as a night out!

We get a thousand fans at home for this competition so it’s not really a stunning number of away fans, it’s virtually free to get in, if it was an FA cup game we could take 30,000 at £5.

The people I know going it’s their second game of the season, it’s a day out in London and a chance to go Stamford bridge for next to nothing.

Also it’s been a dead season for attractive fixtures, so even a midweek game in the ex paint pot against whatever team Chelsea assemble from the 627 players who are not in the first team squad but also not out on loan has a bit more appeal.

I'm not going, because it's a bit inconvenient and I'm not sufficiently interested to make the effort. I'll probably follow it this evening on the radio, iFollow, or here. I won't criticise anyone who does go, nor anyone who doesn't go.

Do you know why? Because we live in a democracy, and people fought wars to give us freedom of choice. Long may that continue to be the case.

Back
Top Bottom