1,000+ tickets sold.

saddletramp

For the game that nobody is interested in !

Fans are reminded that there are NO TICKETS AVAILABLE at Stamford Bridge for tonight’s Checkatrade Trophy Quarter Final

This game is ALL TICKET, with no tickets on sale at Stamford Bridge on the night and no collections at the game. Just over 1,000 tickets had been sold before the ticket office opened this morning and if you wish to attend tonight then tickets can only be bought from the ticket office in person or by phone

You mean like the missing 20.000 or 4.000 went to Boro whom it seems preferred that to 2 "Home" Games against the top 2 in the league whilst we still had some chance of a play off place.
whose fault is that do you think or where does the problem lay?

I cannot imagine going to Stamford bridge with only 7000 in attendance after going to watch the FA Cup replay against them with a crowd of 32000+

Not quite sure why Saddles seems to be gloating over this? I don't remember anybody saying that 'nobody is interested' in this fixture. I do remember a few people stating why they wouldn't attend, which I would have thought is fair enough.
He has a bizarre love affair with the Abomination Trophy, for some reason.

I cannot imagine going to Stamford bridge with only 7000 in attendance after going to watch the FA Cup replay against them with a crowd of 32000+

Why not ?
What has the crowd attendance got to do with it ?
I went there in 88 when the crowd was 7k, the capacity was about 15k more than it is now.

So if we drew Chelsea in the FA cup and only 20k tickets had been sold,would you say"I cannot imagine going to Stamford bridge with only 20,000 in attendance after going to watch the FA Cup replay against them with a crowd of 32000" ?

He has a bizarre love affair with the Abomination Trophy, for some reason.

Says the man who has more post on the competition than any other member.
I'd hate to see how many post you could rack up on something you were actually interested in.

"We don't want B teams in our football league, but we'll happily go attend a competition and fixture that will give Harvey and the rest of the clowns in charge another strong reason to introduce them!"

According to some on here you're not allowed to post about things you're supposedly not interested in.

Why not ?
What has the crowd attendance got to do with it ?
I went there in 88 when the crowd was 7k, the capacity was about 15k more than it is now.

So if we drew Chelsea in the FA cup and only 20k tickets had been sold,would you say"I cannot imagine going to Stamford bridge with only 20,000 in attendance after going to watch the FA Cup replay against them with a crowd of 32000" ?
20k is a lot more than 7k in a 41,631 capacity stadium....

Well, I'm hoping we play a better style of football tonight, will be a good practice game for us, so will be listening in.

Really surprised about those numbers. I thought it would be a few 100, I'm embarrassed to be honest.

If going to play in a nice fancy empty stadium against a U23 team is your thing then fair enough.

I'm totally embarrassed as well to be honest.

But if you want to see the future - watching us play against reserve teams in empty stadiums, then crack on.

I went to Stamford Bridge in ‘88 - we drew 1-1. The gate was 7,587 but that will be higher
than tonight’s attendance I would think.

https://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2018/01/checkatrade-trophy-preview--oxford-h.html

Football was a totally different game back then. Comparing an attendance in 1988 to one in 2018 is like comparing chalk and cheese. Attendances were notoriously bad across the board in the 80's, there was no sky or anything like that either pumping millions in either

Back
Top Bottom