Home Match Day Thread +++ 09/09/2018 OUFC v Coventry City match day thread +++

It was a bad day at the offfice but just a few observations.
KR interview after the game was very poor. You can see why he upsets players. Why Charlton fans were not sorry to see him go. There is no situation I can think of where publicly slating players is going help their performance. It’s his job to get them to do what he wants and if he can’t do that then he’s a poor manager.
We missed Whyte plus Browne had an off day and it’s those two that have caused teams problems. There’s not much else in the side to get us going really.
Why didn’t we recruit better strikers? That is down to KR. Obika is our best option upfront! How did that happen?
Finally we looked okay even good in the first two thirds but no clue of what to do in the final 3rd. No idea or ability to unlock a sound defence. Nothing to change is from the bench either.

As I said he could be gone very soon, if he struggles to answer questions at interviews and apparently can’t command the respect of his players, slating them rather than being a bit more up front with himself regarding how the team
Performs, them yes if we lose the next 2 games and we probably will then he has to go!

His performance for us can be described as poor so far but to say he is a poor manager is factually incorrect.
He may not have been poor at MK but he wasn’t that good at Charlton and apart from winning a couple of matches last season to keep us in L1, then I’m sorry but he has been poor.

He may not have been poor at MK but he wasn’t that good at Charlton and apart from winning a couple of matches last season to keep us in L1, then I’m sorry but he has been poor.

He wasn’t great at MK dons either!

Loving this thread! As usual on this august forum, anyone who is still willing to give Mr Robinson a chance has rose tinted spectacles on, anyone who already wants him out is considered a negative naysayer. No shades of grey on here!

I think most rational folk acknowledged 10/12 games was a sensible time to assess.

We are now through 7. We have 4 points, a -9 goal difference and sit in 22nd.

Shots wise we are mid table, the problem is defensive. We have conceded 73 shots in 7 games...30 of which have been on target...how many goals? 15! We are conceding 50% of shots on target!!!

One good thing to come out of Sunday’s performance would be if there were Man City scouts there watching. Pep Guardiola will send his youth team ?

Win on Saturday and KR will be Golden Balls.................AND nearing midtable. Blind optimism I know!! What the hell.

Just out of interest did the OP Makv win his trip to Thailand?

I thought the draw was going to be made at half time. Instead they had already picked the winners out - it was a bit odd.

Something about sorting out your own business before you start telling the rest how to do it?

Dear Mr Robinson, please stop whining and be a manager.

Loving this thread! As usual on this august forum, anyone who is still willing to give Mr Robinson a chance has rose tinted spectacles on, anyone who already wants him out is considered a negative naysayer. No shades of grey on here!
No shades of grey? The Mr Mixter influence invading yf? ;)

I still keep wondering wether its Derry that is the problem he is the only difference from last season. I think we have improved the squad just need them to click........

So do we know the division of responsibilities between Robinson, Derry, Faz and others??

I get the impression that neither Faz or Derry are particularly popular or respected (not the same things) among the players, so the fact that there are two of them knocking around behind the scenes seemingly covering the same areas cannot help build stability and togetherness.
It was a popular mantra from the Charlton fans when he left that Robbo was full of ...... when it came to interviews etc, but often failed to deliver - and it can be argued that the same is happening here - so again that raises the question of how the relationship is developing between the manager and the players?

So how much togetherness is there at the club right now? Confidence appears fragile, when things go well they can go very well, but when they go badly it can really go downhill quickly, which is symptomatic of unrest behind the scenes, as is perhaps, both manager and asst both being sent to the stands in recent games.

Frustration, finger pointing, inconsistency, talk of the need for new players, while current tried and tested ones kick their heels in the U23s, positive words from players and staff but a tangible sense that there isn't the belief behind them, all while the clock ticks on the new season and the table takes on a increasingly ominous look week by week. The positives are there (call-ups, break-through players, periods of good play, the training ground, etc, etc) but what will it take to tip the balance and create some momentum and togetherness to build on those, rather than have this malaise continue far enough into the season for us to be seriously in trouble?

No stability and togetherness is symtomatic having too many loanees. Half the first team are directly employed by different clubs to our lads. It wouldnt go well in any other working enviroment.
The only benifit I can see is that they can P**s off back where they came from at the earliest opportunity

No stability and togetherness is symtomatic having too many loanees. Half the first team are directly employed by different clubs to our lads. It wouldnt go well in any other working enviroment.
The only benifit I can see is that they can P**s off back where they came from at the earliest opportunity
Nearly every club in league 1 and 2 will have similar numbers of loanees as us. Do you suggest that there are issues in each club? As for not going well in any other working environment, many companies balance directly employed with agency staff or seasonal workers without any issue. So really not sure what you point is, other than just a whinge?!

Back
Top Bottom