09/08/2022 - Carabao Cup: OUFC v Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyler Roberts is 23!!
Was with us when MApp was here and can't see any links to KR. Surely 23 y/o who has worked with KR before is Herbie Kane? Only other players I can find that might be available are Joe Grayson, Malachi Napa and Osei Yaw and I hope he isn't giddy about any of them!

Apparently all 10 Championship clubs that played Lge 1/2 opposition lost. Guess it sort of shows that the lure of Prem footie dollars is the rainbow they’re all chasing and nowt else matters competition wise.

After watching tonight's game Brown must start at left back and still need an upgrade at right back .Mcguane seems to get better every game he plays.Findlay well what a great signing.

Showed a lot of fight and character tonight, good to see.

Ciaran Brown did well, could we see him and Findlay emerge as the first choice centre back pairing?

An auspicious start for McGinty but pulled himself together second half and pleased for him to make the penalty save.

Or it is the bloke's debut for a new club and is nervous/trying too hard to make an impression.

Don’t like the way he conceded the 2nd still re-watching it. Seen it so many times with Eastwood/Stevens. Still got question marks.

Wishing i hadnt

I was glad I did in the end. Poor up to 55/60 minutes but then we got on top and caused Swansea to go into panic mode.

Lovely result and the team showed excellent spirit and tenaciousness to turn it around. Also good to see we are going right to the final whistle so early in the season which bodes well for our fitness.

Don’t like the way he conceded the 2nd still re-watching it. Seen it so many times with Eastwood/Stevens. Still got question marks.

He wasn't happy with how he conceded the 2nd either in his interview.

Again, couldn't watch, could only listen but it sounded like Golding and Goodrham held their own and were as involved as anyone? Other than the result, that's probably the most positive thing from tonight. Hopefully they're both going to stick around the squad and continue to contribute. At the very least, they will hopefully get a chance to start the second round game against whoever we draw.......
Both had good moments and bad.

Golding had 2 rampaging runs which were fun to watch and his attacking definitely showed promise. His defending was generally ok but he did get caught out of position or the wrong side of the winger a few too many times. He showed promise considering the opposition but has a very long way to go to learn the position.

Goodrham in the 1st half never stopped trying but had a limited impact. 2nd half as it went on he got more and more involved with one particularly lovely bit of skill to beat 2 players at the same time. He is a terrier chasing down the ball and harassing the opposition players, fairly regularly getting the ball which is fantastic to see. After Saturday, I suspect today was a very good experience for his development.

Also, fantastic from Spasov to step up and take a penalty. It looked a close run thing from the East Stand but it went in which is all that matters.

I actually think Mcginty should be doing better with the goals. He should be saving at least one if not both and honestly believe Eastwood would've saved both.

Only other disappointment for me was Jones.

Other than that it was a great night though. Brown brilliant. Tyler brilliant. Cam brilliant. COYY - Bring on the gas!

Personally didn’t think Golding had the best of games and certainly isn’t first choice/back-up for RB.

Thought Brown looked better than Seddon (better defender).

Didn’t work with Bodin up front, shame Goodrham wasn’t in that position, thought he was wasted out wide, but had a good game.

Elliott Moore looks slower/more complacent at times, so when he eventually passes the ball the receiving player is then under more pressure.

McGinty looked good at times especially his distribution, apart from the obvious error. Just feel he needs to look to his left when he has the ball.

Thought it was a better game than Saturday which wasn’t hard, and showed good character to come back and eventually win it. I felt if it went to extra time we would have won anyway as their players were dropping like flies with cramp etc.
I thought he had a decent game, got forward but the end result not perfect.

Started poor, McGinty made what is probably called a school boy error for a GK and I also thought that could have been a red card.
But he got better made some decent saves and ball catching as the gane grew, his distribution was good.
Felt overall for 80-85 mins we were poor and probably deserved to lose that.
But we are Oxford we never do anything easy, not sure but was it a rebound for Gorrins goal? Brannagan OMG I’m glad the board gave him the contract he desired to stick two fingers up to Blackpool.
Hate penalties they’re a lottery, but we took out penalties well and with them missing one it was obvious the man Cam who had to take the penalty that would out us through.

Well done Oxford COYY
ALL of the pens in the Swans TV clipped highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom