09/08/2022 - Carabao Cup: OUFC v Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
KR: "We'll plead the 5th [amendment] " on a new striker that might be great( I think he said) for this club. Doesn't want to tempt fate......

f**k. KR just said that Jodi Jones hasn't started a competitive game in 5 years. Didn't realise it was that long.

It isn't.

He started Coventry's first round League Cup game last season (which they lost to Northampton).

He then didn't start another game all year, so it's almost exactly a year since his last competitive start.

It isn't.

He started Coventry's first round League Cup game last season (which they lost to Northampton).

He then didn't start another game all year, so it's almost exactly a year since his last competitive start.
Karl did say 5 years, but maybe he was just messin’.

It isn't.

What? Are you saying KR is talking shite?

JJ still hasn't played regularly for a long time. Let's hope this is his season

Perfect night all round really.

Invaluable experience for Golding, TG and McGinty, good minutes in the legs of Jones, Bates, Brown and Gorrin, and enough minutes for some of our form players to keep their form ticking over. Good to get Brannagan off the mark. Prem clubs in the next round so could have a fun little away fixture. Tasty.

FWIW don't know why people get so vexed about using the cups for a bit of squad rotation. It's nice to have a cup run, sure, but really I'm more pleased with the minutes in legs tonight. Make it through a couple more rounds and it will start getting excited - at this stage though, with no prize money, it's not worth much more than a competitive run out for me.

What a turnaround by Oxford and yourself Uni following your earlier post 😂

The subs did make all the difference. Never give up on the boys in yellow 👍😂

Just making sure I came on here to prove that I was absolutely right in my complaints from the starting XI 😉😌.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom