09/08/2022 - Carabao Cup: OUFC v Swansea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give Brown, the new keeper, Jones, and Smyth a start. Looking forward to game, Swansea play nice stuff.

Hey I dunno. I mean, hopefully not. I just saw an opportunity to stick the boot in over the 'cups aren't important' argument and so I took it. Like a lazy hyena shithousing his way to a fresh gazelle. Now I'm here, up to my waist in my argument and you asked me a reasonable question about if the club said anything about giving up? Obviously they didn't say it, that would be a PR nightmare. But the forum has already concluded “I want to try something on Tuesday which might surprise a few people” can only mean one thing, and that's that. Final. We've given up on the cups, ok?

I suppose I could amend my post to make it more obvious that I meant the attitude in general (inclusive of fans) towards cups vs league but I can't face the U turn. I'll just ride it out until someone makes a joke about how Karl's comment must mean we're going to play a goalie at left back.

But yeah. Us fans shouldn't just give up on the cups so easily. If we do well and win a few games we can get lucky and bag an away trip to somewhere like Salford or Sutton.

Well you've just blown your chance at being the next Tory leader by failing to u-turn. Doris and Bill from Tunbridge Wells will be outraged. :)

Swansea have played 3-4-3 in their two games this season so countering that with 3 at the back ourselves isn't hugely radical.

But that doesn't mean that we need to be ultra defensive or throw caution to the wind. I would like to see Gorrin sitting in front of the back 3 and dropping in if the centre backs get pulled wide. We can then play with more traditional wingers with less defensive responsibility than wing backs. It also allows us to play 2 upfront although we're limited with options here. A kind of 3-1-4-2 type formation.

Screenshot_20220808-103725_LINEUP11.jpg

Think it's strange how they've only opened certain sections isit a stewarding issue or money saving
You would think the family stand is the main stand to open, not both blocks, but at least one of them.

You would think the family stand is the main stand to open, not both blocks, but at least one of them.
Well yea especially when the two blocks next to the family stand are both open so sure could have had 1block each they could have opened 23/24 instead of 24/25

Well yea especially when the two blocks next to the family stand are both open so sure could have had 1block each
I hope it would not put them off from coming, hasn't me, but my son's are too young for evening games so not coming.

I hope it would not put them off from coming, hasn't me, but my son's are too young for evening games so not coming.
I'm takingy son he's 8 tho and on school holiday he probably wouldn't let me go without him 😂

Apologies for being lazy, but am I able to watch the game on iFollow tomorrow (in the UK) or is it in-person only?
no Carabao Cup games are on iFollow and our game is not on international TV.

I realise that stats don't tell you everything and that was certainly the case for Swansea on Saturday - they had 71% of possession against Blackburn but as reported, the 0-3 scoreline accurately reflected the decent chances created.

They also had 74% of possession against Rotherham and have produced the most passes of any English team over the first two games. So, I would guess we know what is coming tomorrow!
How have they managed that then - a shift in the tectonic plates? ;)

“There’s something we’ve seen with one of our young players.."

Golding playing right-back tomorrow?

Would it really be a suprise for Robinson to play a winger as a full/wing back? Not really.

I reckon Goodrham in goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom