Away Match Day Thread +++ 09/07/19 PSF: Oxford City v OUFC MDT +++

Mmm that's an interesting one.
I guess that he cant get a club up North and as we are paying him we have suggested that he has to come and play for us?
Just seemed happy enough but will have to wait and see I suppose

Napa was the one who surprised me this evening. He looked really sharp and took his goal well.
He was playing almost as a centre forward.
Certainly giving KR something to think about.

Actually he started as the lone centre forward - and he was crap. It wasn't until Henry and others took the centre forward position and he dropped back into midfield that he began to look really good.
As it is he makes another one of the plethora of midfielders (all very good as well). Not one of them are the type to make the lone forward their own. WE need one desperately. No change there then,
Guthrie certainly helped tighten a pretty shambolic defence in the second half and the introduction of Ruffels also helped a lot. We definitely need a left sided centre back of some quality. No change then there either.
All in all a very good work out for an extremely young side.

Purposely haven’t read this thread to be objective.
First half was a mess at times especially at the back. But saying that with only three regular first team players on the pitch and many only fresh out of nappies I thought they did well.
Dominating possession for periods without really creating much.
Second half with almost a whole new team it was different. Whyte causing all sorts of problems. Fosu really impressive, great feet and if KR can keep his head on could be massive.
City out classed more and more as the game went on. Very nice finish for their third. Not sure who it was.
Good work out.

Purposely haven’t read this thread to be objective.
First half was a mess at times especially at the back. But saying that with only three regular first team players on the pitch and many only fresh out of nappies I thought they did well.
Dominating possession for periods without really creating much.
Second half with almost a whole new team it was different. Whyte causing all sorts of problems. Fosu really impressive, great feet and if KR can keep his head on could be massive.
City out classed more and more as the game went on. Very nice finish for their third. Not sure who it was.
Good work out.

Rowe scored Citys 3rd ... agree, it was a bit of a good goal

I think that he is a bit down the list.
He came in for Sam Long and by that stage we had Whyte, Fosu, Napa on as well so Lofthouse played a little deeper.
His quality looks good (he put in couple of good crosses and he scored with his first touch)

Back
Top Bottom