Away Match Day Thread +++ 09/07/19 PSF: Oxford City v OUFC MDT +++

Has KR just mentioned Tony McMahon as someone missing today and would be in contention.

OM report: "Tariqe Fosu, Gavin Whyte, Kyran Lofthouse and Malachi Napa scored in quick succession to turn the game around for Karl Robinson’s side, who visit Thame United tonight."

I might pop down there now, what time's kick-off?
Don't go to the ground tonight there wont be a game on, it was an error, it should have been "... Robinson's side who visit Thame United tommorow"

Good to see what is very much a wip squad score 5....not so good to see, or for that matter the way we conceeded 3 .... especially good to see young lofthouse poach his goal

Really enjoyed that - especially the second half. Whyte is absolute class. I like the look of Gorrin, always looking for the ball from the back four. I also thought Guthrie did ok, formed a nice little partnership with Dickie that steadied the ship. Sounds like Robinson is after a bigger fish in that position though, confirming we’ve put in a large bid for a CB tonight.

Really enjoyed that - especially the second half. Whyte is absolute class. I like the look of Gorrin, always looking for the ball from the back four. I also thought Guthrie did ok, formed a nice little partnership with Dickie that steadied the ship. Sounds like Robinson is after a bigger fish in that position though, confirming we’ve put in a large bid for a CB tonight.

He said we needed 4 more, previously 5. Really we need 2 CB, to allow for cover, so it could be the expensive bid he mentioned and Guthrie, who sounded as if he had an ok game. This alongside 2 strikers, and a first choice RB. Maybe that was the 5, and Guthrie in one possibly coming in leaving 4.
He also mentioned the number 7, but didn't quite hear that part of the conversation properly.

He said we needed 4 more, previously 5. Really we need 2 CB, to allow for cover, so it could be the expensive bid he mentioned and Guthrie, who sounded as if he had an ok game. This alongside 2 strikers, and a first choice RB. Maybe that was the 5, and Guthrie in one possibly coming in leaving 4.
He also mentioned the number 7, but didn't quite hear that part of the conversation properly.
He was on about the 7 players missing that would all be in contention. Eastwood, McMahon, Hanson, Hall,Sykes,Mackie and Baptiste.

Iirc, he said 4 was the bare minimum needed but he wanted 7. Purely my assumption is that 7 would include the loan signings.

The having a ciggy bit no longer applies.. ht you can go outside if you want to smoke. ... nice of the powers that be at cpf to not make it public knowledge hmmmm... if idve known in advance idve arrived at cpf at 7.40 pm instead of 7pm ... thatll teach me to smoke ! (It wont)
There were a couple smoking near the dugouts

Jon Guthrie Centre half trialist released by Walsall
The one playing the 2nd half a left footed centre back quite vocal and did ok, faze said he couldn’t remember his name with a wry grin but from Walsall

Napa was the one who surprised me this evening. He looked really sharp and took his goal well.
He was playing almost as a centre forward.
Certainly giving KR something to think about.

He was sat by the dugout and said its all sorted out and he would be here
Mmm that's an interesting one.
I guess that he cant get a club up North and as we are paying him we have suggested that he has to come and play for us?

Mmm that's an interesting one.
I guess that he cant get a club up North and as we are paying him we have suggested that he has to come and play for us?
Who knows. Maybe we’re letting him train up there or something. Saves paying a signing on fee to another guy, at least.

Back
Top Bottom