Home Match Day Thread +++ 09/02/2019 OUFC v Sunderland match day thread +++

Dy-csLTXgAEhwy-

Last edited:
You should have a look at their forums. What a bunch of arseholes. Yes a while ago they were premiership, but now they’re league one, but my god, they are bitter.
I hope the fk up and stay in league one, that’s because we get their money when they sellout the away end, kerchung. But they really are so far up their own arses thinking they are due auto promotion. They were ok, but we have seen much better.

As i said earlier nelson was the wrong side of the man who scored when the corner was taken. No idea what he was doing..

Yep pretty much the case he’s had to stagger back to London and I’m still out I’m the kaz bar

He was in denial - thought they should of won easily our fans and ground were crap but guessing he’ll get over it - his bro came and definitely gave a more balanced perspective although seemed to be having even greater problems handling the southern beer - anyway he tried to be magnanimous by saying he hoped we stayed up so my retort was I hope they stay down - he’s on his way back to padfiny

Having seen the "foul" on the EFL highlights, it wasn't a foul. Not sure what Dunne was doing but he's dunne over his team by not being stronger by hoping for a foul and the other CB was poor afterwards. It did highlight the Ref's issues as he'd given similar fouls to their 10 all game.

Jack Ross' tactics were a little strange - he just seemed to want to launch it long into the channels and hope the ball fell to a winger - the sort of football we used to see against Ebbsfleet. Our play out wide was a lot more advanced in comparison and varied. I can't help but feel Sunderland look a little lost at the moment. They are 4th, but having seen Barnsley and Looton at ours, they looked far better than Sunderland. Teams, rather than talent.

I thought Sinclair didn't really look in the game after he came on - he needs to keep concentrating, but there is definitely a good player in there.

As always, the best judge of these things:

Essentially everything that has happened for them this season. Keeper keeps them in it, create very little but somehow score.

They were lucky to get out of it with a point

Attachments

• C6A2E2BB-28A3-4509-9FAD-2061F311BC4B.png
    C6A2E2BB-28A3-4509-9FAD-2061F311BC4B.png
    160.6 KB · Views: 46
Gutsy performance against a team that contrary to many on here I thought were actually quite good. They deserved their half team lead but second half we really upped the pressing and got the ball out to the wingmen much more frequently.

Credit to Robinson for well timed substitutions and our crowd for sticking with the team.

On the debit side what a soft goal to give away. Poor marking!

Really enjoyed the Mous performance. He’s a wily old pro who has been excellent all season.

But it’s the Whyte/Graham show that is really improving our fortunes.

Finally the Mackem supporters were fieldmouse like. Very quiet. Why? Were they intimidated by the atmosphere??

Tim, Sunderland have looked ordinary in both games we’ve played them. In fact we’ve been the better team in both matches.

How the hell can you say they deserved the half time lead? We had 3 good chances 1st half, especially the Graham one!

Not sure which spectacles you had on today, but they definitely weren’t the right ones.

Oxford look really attractive from an attacking point of view and have very good options now.

Gavin Whyte’s searing pace and Jordan Graham’s ability on the ball, running and balance are
worth the entrance money alone at the moment and when you add in Browne’s
strength and pace and Sinclair’s blistering speed too, then we should have enough to get the points to survive.
Mackie is now fully fit and has really improved his play recently.

Today was as good a L1 match you will see and Oxford’s second half showing was tremendous I thought.

Whyte’s great pace wise, but needs to improve with his final ball. Always seems to hit the man when he crosses, well more often than not.

Having said that when he goes on his runs it allows a breather for the team.

The ref definitely came to oxford on the Sunderland team bus by his first half showing, too scared to book a “big” club player. Graham and Whyte outstanding, their full backs couldn’t cope with them. Quite a lot of sh!thousery from Sunderland especially Max Power who got himself involved in everything apart from playing football. Their keeper had a blinder and for me if we keep playing like this we will be finishing halfway up the league, some of our football was outstanding, especially in the second half. If we can keep the youngsters next season we will be challenging for promotion.

Back
Top Bottom