Home Match Day Thread +++ 09/02/2019 OUFC v Sunderland match day thread +++

ttg17

Gonna kick this one off!

My girlfriend’s first home game this (she previously was treated to Milton Keynes Away) and I have a good record with these threads (Charlton 3-2 I’m taking total credit for), so I’m hoping for a nice comprehensive win in a bouncing Grenoble Rd.

3-0 (Dickie, Mackie, Browne)

Is maguire suspended for this or not? 1-1 with maguire (if playing) and late equaliser from Ruffels
Would love to get the win but would settle for a draw and then go on a bit of a winning streak

We do tend to raise our game against the better teams. Will Grigg fit though ☹️ Not good news. Here’s hoping for a fired-up Browne.

Grigg an obvious worry but Sunderland also brought Grant Leadbitter back in the transfer window, getting on a bit but likely to be a big midfield presence in L1.

Eastwood
Hanson Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Henry Mous Brannagan
Whyte Mackie Graham

2-0, Graham + Sinclair

1-1, Dickie from a corner in the first half with Maguire equalising late from distance with a big deflection off of Dickie.

9,999 as the crowd, 1,800 odd (some very) of the greatest, most down to earth, loyal fans in attendance from the poor mans Newcastle, 9.6 million of them outside all sharing one bag of Walkers prawn cocktail and a can of Tizer.

Last edited:
I’ll keep predicting defeats because we’re due one. Oxford 0 Sunderland 2. Both goals in the first 25 mins and then a boring 65 mins to sit through.

Should the very unlikely happen and we beat them, they’ll all be off on the 70th minute as they usually were during their PL days.

As Gary Lineker once said on MOTD, ‘beat the traffic at the Stadium I’d Light by staying right to the end’.

I’ll keep predicting defeats because we’re due one. Oxford 0 Sunderland 2. Both goals in the first 25 mins and then a boring 65 mins to sit through.

Should the very unlikely happen and we beat them, they’ll all be off on the 70th minute as they usually were during their PL days.

As Gary Lineker once said on MOTD, ‘beat the traffic at the Stadium I’d Light by staying right to the end’.
That's a pretty scandalous comment. Repeat after me (ad nauseum): 'Sunderland AFC are huge and their fans are the best'.

There will be 1,800 Mackems in the away area, 3,000 more in the home areas, several thousand around town letting down the Range Rover tyres of every posh southerner they can find, and countless others watching the match on a big screen back on Wearside while bowing to a giant statue of Charles.

All will stay until the end of the match, even though all hope of a point had vanished on 30 minutes with the scoring of Oxford's third goal.

Last edited:
Maguire to score. Other than that, I’m not predicting the actual score.

Maguire to score. Other than that, I’m not predicting the actual score.

As much as I like Chris Maguire and respect him for not overcelebrating when he scored against us for Bury, I hope our fans don’t go down the sycophantic route with him again.

Forgettable match with minimal incident.

At the final whistle, however, the majority of both sets of 'supporters' will erupt into a rousing chorus of "Charlie is my darling" followed by a moving appeal from the 'home supporters' in the form of "Will ye no' come back again?". [songsheets sponsored by British Gas}

These 'supporters' will then mingle in the stadium, which is wreathed in a halo of love and peace, arm in arm swapping encomia on each others' team, domiciles and selves, paying special attention to the achievements of daughters in a non-intrusive, non-judgmental sort of way.

While this is happening a big bag of methane will go off in the directors' box and every one within the ground will die, suffocated and burned horribly.

Last edited:
Forgettable match with minimal incident.

At the final whistle, however, the majority of both sets of 'supporters' will erupt into a rousing chorus of "Charlie is my darling" followed by a moving appeal from the 'home supporters' in the form of "Will ye no' come back again?". [songsheets sponsored by British Gas}

These 'supporters' will then mingle in the stadium, which is wreathed in a halo of love and peace, arm in arm swapping encomia on each others' team, domiciles and selves, paying special attention to the achievements of daughters in a non-intrusive, non-judgmental sort of way.

As the ground empties a big bag of methane will go off in the directors' box and every one within the ground will die, suffocated and burned horribly.

Does the dog get it as well?

Is maguire suspended for this or not? 1-1 with maguire (if playing) and late equaliser from Ruffels
Would love to get the win but would settle for a draw and then go on a bit of a winning streak
I can’t see us not losing, but think we’ll have a decent run afterwards

Tomorrow is pretty massive TBH, not just our game but others too - a lot of the teams around us in the table have on paper fairly winnable games. We could, worst case, find ourselves 3 points from safety come 5pm tomorrow.
But I'm on the positive, so will go for a resounding 2-0 victory, Mackie and Browne, in front of a partizan 10,377 crowd. COYY.

Back
Top Bottom