Away Match Day Thread +++ 09/01/2018 Charlton Athletic v OUFC EFL Trophy +++

Yellow River

Have I used up all my luck starting matchday threads?

Should I be starting a matchday thread in the EFL Trophy?

What will the matchday thread Gods make of it?

We’ll find out soon enough. On to the game, well to honest I’m too confident about this one, however I can see us sneaking a fortuitous draw, probably a score draw.

Pep surprises everyone by reverting back to a lone striker.

Van Kessel is forgiven for not passing on Saturday, Thomas isn’t and drops to the bench.

2-2 Obika & Van Kessel, with Holmes scoring for Charlton. We win 5-4 on penalties.

Eastwood
Carroll, Martin, Williamson, Ricardinho,
Ledson, Mowatt,
Henry, Payne, Van Kessel,
Obika.

Subs, Shearer, Tiendalli, Ruffels, Xemi, Thomas, Napa, Mehmeti.

I welcome the thread but I dont really care about this cup. Rather like the FA and League Cups, which should be renamed "EPL/Championship Reserve Team Cup". BBC try to hype the FA Cup buts its dying. Sad, sad times.

I think Mehmeti might get a start I reckon, presuming he's over his man flu. Depends on what esteem Pep holds him. He'll be desperate to keep the momentum going so I don't see a much changed side being fielded. Ricardinhio will be available but might opt to keep giving Tiendalli game time? Long season...

We'll win on pens? Whoa. And we'll score 5 out of how many? 5/5 seems about as likely as ConcreteBob donning his favourite evening gown and celebrating the win with some marmalade on toast.

No injuries. That will do me.

Eastwood
Tiendelli Williamson Dickie Ricardinho
Ledson(c) Xemi
Henry Mowatt Napa
Mehmeti

Not sure whether Dickie or Ricardinho can play, not sure whether Napa will. Not really bothered.

0-1, Mehmeti '65.

Eastwood
Tiendelli Williamson Dickie Ricardinho
Ledson(c) Xemi
Henry Mowatt Napa
Mehmeti

Not sure whether Dickie or Ricardinho can play, not sure whether Napa will. Not really bothered.

0-1, Mehmeti '65.
Dickie is cup tied

I can see the logic of epl/championship clubs wanting their u23/reserve teams wanting "mens" football rather than training games on training pitches and to be fair they are paying the L1/L2 clubs for the privilege but I say bring back the south counties league instead. I for one, really enjoyed midweek reserve games at The Manor.

I can see the logic of epl/championship clubs wanting their u23/reserve teams wanting "mens" football rather than training games on training pitches and to be fair they are paying the L1/L2 clubs for the privilege but I say bring back the south counties league instead. I for one, really enjoyed midweek reserve games at The Manor.

Now don't you come on here with an opinion!

Prepare to be shot down in flames from people who 'wanna support my team, not a competition'

I think Mehmeti might get a start I reckon, presuming he's over his man flu. Depends on what esteem Pep holds him. He'll be desperate to keep the momentum going so I don't see a much changed side being fielded. Ricardinhio will be available but might opt to keep giving Tiendalli game time? Long season...

Ricardinho will play I reckon as it will help keep his match fitness going. Also, I suspect Tiendalli would be knackered playing Sat-Tues-Sat so best to keep him fresh for Saturday.

I would expect Mehmeti to play to get game time and give one of Obika or Thomas a rest before Saturday.

Eastwood
Dickie Martin Williamson Ricardinho
Henry Mowatt Xemi Napa
Mehmeti GVK

Use the game to try some players in different positions. Henry hasn't played much over last 2 weeks so keep his and Ricardinho fitness up.
1-0 Mehmeti.

Eastwood
Dickie Martin Williamson Ricardinho
Henry Mowatt Xemi Napa
Mehmeti GVK

Use the game to try some players in different positions. Henry hasn't played much over last 2 weeks so keep his and Ricardinho fitness up.
1-0 Mehmeti.

Dickie is cup tied.

I live 30 minutes away.
Wouldn’t cross the road to watch this game.
Ridiculous ‘competiton’.
The sooner we are out of it the better.

Eastwood
Carroll Martin Williamson Ricardinho
Henry Xemi Ruffels Mowatt
Obika Van Kessel

Subs:
Shearer
Tiendalli
Ledson
Payne
Napa
Mehmeti
Thomas

Totally forgot this was taking place. Normally I’d make the minimal effort to make it over to Charlton but won’t be there tomorrow.

That said, I still can’t see us doing much in the league this year so a Cup final appearance might just be the one thing to make this season interesting. I won’t be there if it’s a U23 team, mind.

Dickie is cup tied.
Oh yes, thanks for pointing that out. Shame because can't see him playing any other time at the moment with how big these games are for us at the moment, although wouldn't mind trying him at RB instead of Tiendalli on Saturday.

Oh yes, thanks for pointing that out. Shame because can't see him playing any other time at the moment with how big these games are for us at the moment, although wouldn't mind trying him at RB instead of Tiendalli on Saturday.
Dickie at RB would be an option but Tiendalli is covering Ricardinho’s mid-winter disciplinary break at LB and I am not sure if Dickie has much potential or experience covering LB. Be difficult for him to be much worse than Tiendalli though so maybe worth Pep considering for Saturday. Does show just how thin we are in some key areas.

To be honest better the devil you know, if he would come on and have a shocker it would not be good for confidence, not only that he's a CB you should never playa footballer in their second position unless you really have to.

It will be a large empty stadium that's for sure!

Back
Top Bottom