Away Match Day Thread +++ 08/01/2019 Cheltenham Town v OUFC Checkatrade +++

I almost wouldn't begrudge Man City kids doing well this season as they have taken it seriously from day one rather than just giving a few kids a run out. Portsmouth and Sunderland would feel that they are due a return to the big stage and I would guess they would continue to put strong sides out. The rest you would think will put teams out depending on who they have either side of it in the league, but all games from here on in are likely to be pretty competitive. I'll hang fire before I order my 50/50 scarf and big foam hand!!!

I almost wouldn't begrudge Man City kids doing well this season as they have taken it seriously from day one rather than just giving a few kids a run out. Portsmouth and Sunderland would feel that they are due a return to the big stage and I would guess they would continue to put strong sides out. The rest you would think will put teams out depending on who they have either side of it in the league, but all games from here on in are likely to be pretty competitive. I'll hang fire before I order my 50/50 scarf and big foam hand!!!

And cut out foil Checkatrade Trophy.

Pompey travelling to Sunderland midweek for the tinpot will sum up this joke of s tournament. Why not regionalised?

Not regionalised this season. First time this has happened.

Not correct. The scrapping of regional games was introduced for 2016-17 when the group stage and academy sides were introduced. All draws for round 3 onwards are now free draws.

We ourselves had two home ties against sides that would have been on the northern side of the draw had their been one in 2016-17- round 3 against Scunthorpe and the QF against Bradford. It therefore ended as an all southern final between ourselves and Coventry.

The season after saw a final of Lincoln and Shrewsbury - an all northern final.

Man City had to play away says all you needed to know about this joke of a competition.

On the subject of Bury. Would love to see us make a move for Danny Mayor. Too good for League Two and OOC in the summer I believe.

Back
Top Bottom