Away Match Day Thread +++ 07/08/2021 L1 Cambridge United v OUFC +++

Cambridge 0 Oxford 2 Taylor and Seddon

Stevens
Long Moore Thorniley Seddon
Brannagan Gorrin McGuane
Williams Taylor Whyte

Hopefully a relatively straight forward opener to the season with some tight early exchanges before Oxford's class shows.

Well here we go again. Had a complete football break after Rashfords agonising inch off target. Hopefully we will improve on last seasons rubbish start. Impressive recruitment on paper now down to Karl to knit it all together. COYY

2-1 Oxford.

Stevens
Forde Moore Thorniley Seddon
Henry Brannagan McGuane
Williams Taylor Sykes

Today’s Man in the Middle is Hertfordshire based David Rock.

He was appointed to the EFL list in 2019.Refereed 31 EFL matches in 2020-21 issuing 97 yellow cards and 7 reds.

Last three Oxford United matches:

Oxford U 2-0 Bristol R - January 23rd 2021
Oxford U 3-1 Rochdale - November 3rd 2020
Oxford U 3-0 Accrington - February 25th 2020

EEkynYpWwAAo9ip

Going with the 3 W’s up front and OUFC to win 1-0.

Stevens
Henry Brannagan Sykes
Williams Winnall Whyte

Stevens
Brannagan Gorrin McGuane
Williams Taylor Whyte

It’s still amazing me to how hard it is to pick a front 5, leaving out Henry, Bodin, Holland, Agyei Sykes etc. Lots of bench options for impact subs to seal up a 3-0 win.

COYY! Championship here we come

One all, with us conceding the first league one goal of the season after only a couple of minutes through a defensive mixup.
Equaliser from a corner on the hour, with us finishing stronger but not quite getting the winner across the line...

Cambridge 0 Oxford 2 Taylor and Seddon

Stevens
Long Moore Thorniley Seddon
Brannagan Gorrin McGuane
Williams Taylor Whyte

Hopefully a relatively straight forward opener to the season with some tight early exchanges before Oxford's class shows.

ITK on that are we? 😊😊😊

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, this is effectively a brand new squad again which has had a limited pre season. Just remember that if things don't work today, the team deserves our support (Yes looking at you doom mongers).

I am not concerned about the result so much as the effort and performance, get that right and I'll be happy.

I'm so excited to see what this season will bring and cannot wait to get back in the stands with you beautiful people.

Up the Ox!

Is it a new squad? Same goalie, half the defence, midfield and centre forward with wingers that have been at the club before. There have been changes but it’s probably as settled as we will ever get in league one where the players seem to only stay a season or two at a club.
Should be looking at a point minimum today, fixture list has been kind for an opening game so I will be disappointed if we come away with nothing.

If I hear or see anyone referring to this as the "Varsity Derby" I will force-feed them a mask.

Off we go................... 3-0 win..... booming optimism. 💛 💙

So today is the big one the little U’s vs the big U’s the not so very popular varsity derby 😜 1-2 today with Whyte and mcguane on the scoresheet

For me, this season is all about the first 10 games. Imagine what we could do with this squad if we have a half decent start to the season and don't have to start again, playing catch up after 10 games from the bottom half of the league. I actually think we will draw today but I for one would take a point followed up by 3 from our first home game!

Always difficult to predict a first day result, and line up seeing as we don’t know which two who will miss out…full of optimism but Cambridge will be buoyed by promotion. Happy with a draw and of course well pleased with a win. See you there.

Back
Top Bottom