Away Match Build Up +++ 07/08/2021 L1 : Cambridge United v OUFC +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team News:

"Karl Robinson has remained tight-lipped on who they are, but two players involved in the pre-season friendly at Bristol Rovers last week are missing due to self-isolation rules while French striker Derick Osei Yaw is the one player ruled out through injury with a tight hamstring."

Some IPTV services show league 1 games, only had the home commentary on the one I saw.
Would probably need VPN still as they block the server's IP once they know it.
Fat Man Stan is the best IPTV service. They show ALL iFollow matches. No ifollow login necessary.

Anyone else struggling to get their head around the fact we can actually go to an away game tomorrow?

It's been such a long time to wait it hasn't really sunk in.

Anyone else struggling to get their head around the fact we can actually go to an away game tomorrow?

It's been such a long time to wait it hasn't really sunk in.
No so much struggling to get my head around it (I've been out a few times in the last few weeks) but ridiculously overexcited, certainly! I should know better... :)

Well here we are, arrived in Cambridge after a bloody horrendous drive across country. Advice to anybody driving tomorrow, leave early. Lots of road works and queues. Even with satnav assists it took us over 3 1/2 hours and I don't hang about when driving!
Still after the "issues" we had with the hotel, they have given us a bottle of wine, free wifi and complimentary breakfast. Weather now is warm, sunny and some cloud - fingers crossed for tomorrow's forecast.
Still no news on an incoming player - don't buy the story on the Bristol City player, 1/2 a mill? no way.

Well here we are, arrived in Cambridge after a bloody horrendous drive across country. Advice to anybody driving tomorrow, leave early. Lots of road works and queues. Even with satnav assists it took us over 3 1/2 hours and I don't hang about when driving!
Still after the "issues" we had with the hotel, they have given us a bottle of wine, free wifi and complimentary breakfast. Weather now is warm, sunny and some cloud - fingers crossed for tomorrow's forecast.
Still no news on an incoming player - don't buy the story on the Bristol City player, 1/2 a mill? no way.
Thanks for the warning, ML. How far did you have to travel. I'm heading for Cambridge from just north of Bicester tomorrow.

Should be a cracking game, 3 points and a good day out. Fingers crossed we don't get any defensive injuries, unfortunately having not brought anyone in as yet. We can do without any bare bones stories this early in the season.
Hope it's resolved soon.

Thanks for the warning, ML. How far did you have to travel. I'm heading for Cambridge from just north of Bicester tomorrow.
We travelled from Stanford in the Vale so adds about 20 minutes to Oxford and then another 20 To Bicester - traffic was bad coming off the A420 as usual but around Bicester was bad even with detours. Went via Silverstone and Northampton for some bizarre reason known only to the satnav! Ended up coming down the A14. I think I may have to ignore the satnav on the return route!

The team are already here as they are staying in Cambridge overnight, maybe they had a heads up on the drive overhere! Would mean that any new player would have travelled already or will be joining them later this evening?

We travelled from Stanford in the Vale so adds about 20 minutes to Oxford and then another 20 To Bicester - traffic was bad coming off the A420 as usual but around Bicester was bad even with detours. Went via Silverstone and Northampton for some bizarre reason known only to the satnav! Ended up coming down the A14. I think I may have to ignore the satnav on the return route!
Cheers, ML., that's very useful.

Have done Bicester to Cambridge Universities a few times and has ranged from 1.5hr on a very good run, to 2.5hrs at its worst. Bicester-MK-Bedford-Cambridge A421 and A428. Even miles from anywhere, there will be a lot of holiday traffic on the roads tomorrow so I'd give yourself a little longer than usual to be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom