Home Match Day Thread +++ 07/04/2018 OUFC v Oldham Athletic Match Day Thread +++

HeyMcAleny

This is my first time starting a match day thread, and I've been saving it for a game where my beginner's luck is really needed.

I can therefore confidently guarantee us a much needed victory.

3 - 0 to the U's.

You're very welcome.

I don't see a delete option on the thread. Must be an admin only function?

This thread's title is properly formatted though so I think it wins

Tomorrow is the start of 8 defining days (probably) for this season and (possibly) for the next few seasons. We really can't afford to take one step back so need to put the last 8 months behind us and COYY!

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mous Carroll
IBR Ledson Brannagan Rothwell
Thomas Obika

I wouldn't start Henry if we're not playing a No.10, seemed to be almost sulking last week when asked to play elsewhere. Get some pace on the wings and some balls in the box. Carroll at LB because everyone's been sh*t there, might as well give him a go.

2-0, Ledson + OG. COYY, please win

Eastwood
Kane Dickie Mous Carroll
IBR Ledson Brannagan Rothwell
Thomas Obika

I wouldn't start Henry if we're not playing a No.10, seemed to be almost sulking last week when asked to play elsewhere. Get some pace on the wings and some balls in the box. Carroll at LB because everyone's been sh*t there, might as well give him a go.

2-0, Ledson + OG. COYY, please win
Henry will definitely start.

I’ll be interested to see what he does with the team tomorrow. I really think he should start Ricardinho, because neither ASB nor Ruffels have proved themselves to be good enough at LB. So what if his contract extends? We need to play our best left back if we want the defence to improve. Let’s focus on staying up before we worry about next season.

I also think we could do with pushing Mousinho in to midfield. We need someone in there with a bit more experience and calmness on the ball (not too calm though, Mous).

That said, I think we’ll see the same line up as Monday (except Thomas over Mehmeti), and once again I think teams will overload on the wings (especially down our left side) and exploit our lack of width and inability to defencd crosses.

Hearts says 2-0 win, head is saying 1-0 loss.

Biggest game of the season so far. COYY

Given the remaining fixtures I think Oldham and the 2 home games afterwards will be the most important in the season when it's all said and done. These are the games where we just have to get behind the players no matter what. We need people singing and chanting as loud as possible, and fewer moans and groans in the stands putting pressure on our players - this squad isn't the strongest mentally.

I know people will say players have to give us reason to sing and support them and not the other way around, but really and truly that attitude belongs at the start of the season when there's nothing at stake. It's too late for that. We waited 15 years to get back to League One, let's not give it up easily in the games that count.

The players really have to turn up tomorrow, no doubt, but this game will probably be close and if we can really support the team and give them an extra boost it could make a real difference. We've got to bring the noise from the first kick of the game, whichever way we're kicking. COYY

I’ll be interested to see what he does with the team tomorrow. I really think he should start Ricardinho, because neither ASB nor Ruffels have proved themselves to be good enough at LB. So what if his contract extends? We need to play our best left back if we want the defence to improve. Let’s focus on staying up before we worry about next season.

I also think we could do with pushing Mousinho in to midfield. We need someone in there with a bit more experience and calmness on the ball (not too calm though, Mous).

That said, I think we’ll see the same line up as Monday (except Thomas over Mehmeti), and once again I think teams will overload on the wings (especially down our left side) and exploit our lack of width and inability to defencd crosses.

Hearts says 2-0 win, head is saying 1-0 loss.

Biggest game of the season so far. COYY
Agree about Ricardinho, but how much do you think he's on? Presumably over 50K, maybe 70K or 80K? A lot of money to tie up if KR doesn't really want him

Agree about Ricardinho, but how much do you think he's on? Presumably over 50K, maybe 70K or 80K? A lot of money to tie up if KR doesn't really want him
We need to ensure we stay in League 1. Whatever Ricardinho is on, dropping to League 2 will cost us a great deal more than his extended contract would. Also, dropping to L2 would guarantee that we'd lose players such as Joe & Lego.

IMO crushing home defeat. Draw at best.

Making me depressed before we've even kicked a ball!

Nervous 2-1 win. We take an early lead through rothwell before adding one midway through the second half with Thomas. Oldham get one back in the 85th leading to stewards complaining about the amount of nails on the floor. We hold on for 3 points however.

Head says draw, heart says win. Never been a great thinker, so let's go with a 2-0 win!

I've got a feeling that we are going to see the difference in class between the top of the table and the bottom - we can score goals, and will. Their attack will be more rubbish than our defence. COYY

Back
Top Bottom