Home Match Day Thread +++ 07/04/2018 OUFC v Oldham Athletic Match Day Thread +++

Woke up this morning feeling incredibly nervous. Today is huge. Really huge.

I fancy a 2-1 win. Not sure why when all evidence says we're complete shite. But i do.
On form, we have a good chance. We have been competitive with better sides since Brannegan and Dickie came in, so we should be more than competitive against Oldham.
Given the budget it is a hopelessly flawed squad (as Robinson has noted) but there is enough in there to pull out of this if Robinson can get them to match Oldham for spirit.

D
Oldham will stay up this season. They’re run in is the best of any team down the bottom with 5 games against teams in the dog fight plus they have games in hand. I don’t think they’ll be feeling the pressure as much as us.
This is the first game where we will see if Robinson has been able to improve the confidence of the squad. If he can get us playing well enough to gain points from the lower teams.
It’s obvious he can build a team to do well, I think he’s proven that several times. Can he motivate though? I’m not sure his honesty is very motivating.
I think we’re too narrow and venerable down the flanks but do teams down the bottom have enough to exploit it?
Disagree. Honesty is the best platform for motivation. How can you be motivated by someone you do not believe. The players I have spoken to just did not believe Pep. I think that they do believe Robinson right now.
The problem is that he took over at such a terrible time, just like Waddock and Jim Smith. Not long enough to change the pattern of play. The players sometimes look a bit confused, having had three managers in four months. Just hope that they can dig deep and do what is needed, for all the problems that there clearly are with the squad.

Here in deepest darkest wettest Portugal I am confident of a 3-1 win. Oh and I also forecast that Oxford will be warmer than thee Algarve this afternoon.
Only listening on my phone so no colourful big yesses or L1 scores today.
COYY

Us fans play as big as a part as the players. Let's create a positive atmosphere and help drag ourselves over the line.

If your going to moan when a pass is misplaced or a tackle missed then today i suggest you stay away as there will probably be alot of that from both teams.Let Robinson be the one to rip into the players and tear them a new a**e if he needs too. The best thing we can do is create am atmosphere and support the 11 men on the pitch.

Anyway i reckon a 2-1 win, there are some scary oldham statistics that aren't worth mentioning because they are not pretty and the less i think about it the better.

Thomas and Brannagan to score. Thomas goals are like buses so bound to get 1 today and then not get one for 3 more games.

Score first, chill a bit, win comfortably - simples. ????

Who’s for a pint in the sports bar pre match.

My inner optimism has, for the time it takes to make this post, won out. I can see us winning 3-0 and taking a giant step towards safety.
Thomas, Brannigan and Lego. We need to score first. Please.

Can't make it today, and glad of that to be honest, don't think I could hack the tension!

First 'real' game for KR I feel, I don't think any could begrudge him not picking up many points in our last three (very tough) fixtures, but these are the games he's got to win.

Worth noting too that Walsall are likely to get a win today (at home to Bury), Wimbledon I can see getting something at home to a recently-stuttering Scunny, and Rochdale could take at least a point from Pompey at home. MK and Fleetwood (away at Wigan and Rotherham respectively) you'd think won't be getting anything. But that still makes it all the more important that we pick up points here.

f**k I'm nervous!

Do the players still wear those motion trackers during games like they did during MApp's time here? If not, why not?

Looks like Thomas is starting at top today...

Do the players still wear those motion trackers during games like they did during MApp's time here? If not, why not?

It was Pep, wasn't it. No motion, so no point trying to track it.

Off for a spot of lunch at the Blackbird then, COYY!

Yes they do. Wes’s has been fitted with a new function, where if he’s not moving then can shock him [emoji16]

Us fans play as big as a part as the players. Let's create a positive atmosphere and help drag ourselves over the line.

If your going to moan when a pass is misplaced or a tackle missed then today i suggest you stay away as there will probably be alot of that from both teams.Let Robinson be the one to rip into the players and tear them a new a**e if he needs too. The best thing we can do is create am atmosphere and support the 11 men on the pitch.

Anyway i reckon a 2-1 win, there are some scary oldham statistics that aren't worth mentioning because they are not pretty and the less i think about it the better.

Thomas and Brannagan to score. Thomas goals are like buses so bound to get 1 today and then not get one for 3 more games.
Nah. Far easier to posture on Twitter or in the stands about how right you are about it all! :sleep:

As Nick Harris might say "a vital,vital game for United today"

It's also an vital game for Oldham.

Just arrived at Grenoble Road, at home I was confident now I'm feeling a little anxious.

I can see it ending 1-1, but hopefully we can sneak a narrow victory. Let's say 2-1 Obika & Rothwell on the score sheet. Will be interesting to see the team/formation KR goes for.

COYY.

Back
Top Bottom