Home Match Day Thread +++ 07/04/2018 OUFC v Oldham Athletic Match Day Thread +++

I've got a feeling that we are going to see the difference in class between the top of the table and the bottom - we can score goals, and will. Their attack will be more rubbish than our defence. COYY

But we are both at the bottom ?

I've got a feeling that we are going to see the difference in class between the top of the table and the bottom - we can score goals, and will. Their attack will be more rubbish than our defence. COYY
Don't know about that. Eoin Doyle and Craig Davies have 26 goals between them, it's the midfield where we may see the difference suspect Ledson Rothwell Brannagan may have a lot more time on the ball tomorrow for us our weakness is the transition from Defence to midfield to attack. We are to patient we need to move the ball with urgency and get it up the pitch as quick as we can and put pressure on the Oldham defence.

Remember that game against Carlisle in MApp’s first season here? We’d just lost a couple of games on the bounce and were right back in the relegation fight. Up popped Isaac Vassell for the one-and-only noteworthy thing he did here and we trotted home safely in the end. The results after that were the catalyst for the promotion season too.

I’m not quite sure we’re at D-Day levels yet but a good win tomorrow would release a lot of pressure. Our home form has been very patchy so anything to keep the natives cheering would be welcomed with open arms.

• React
Reactions: lid
Too difficult to call this one. We really are a mystery at the moment, plagued by shitty defending, poor finishing and just bad luck. f**k knows how it could pan out. They have a little form and will fancy this game as one that they can win, but I feel that we have a group of players here who are due to show that they are good players.
We always concede and with that in mind, I loosely predict 2-0 to us.

KR has had time to work on set pieces and our defence hopefully. No tip tappy football but a 1-0 win ground out with a goal just before half time. We might even be talking about the rebuilding in L1 next year.

Just don't know which was this will go, head says win, heart says draw!

COYY

Oldham will stay up this season. They’re run in is the best of any team down the bottom with 5 games against teams in the dog fight plus they have games in hand. I don’t think they’ll be feeling the pressure as much as us.
This is the first game where we will see if Robinson has been able to improve the confidence of the squad. If he can get us playing well enough to gain points from the lower teams.
It’s obvious he can build a team to do well, I think he’s proven that several times. Can he motivate though? I’m not sure his honesty is very motivating.
I think we’re too narrow and venerable down the flanks but do teams down the bottom have enough to exploit it?

I am going to get that free pre match health check. My systolic is going to go through the roof.

Disbelief on peoples faces as they leave the ground, car horns blaring away in the car parks after a 5-2 win for the Yellows :)
We score 5? A dreamer of beautiful dreams.....but you never know.

Woke up this morning feeling incredibly nervous. Today is huge. Really huge.

I fancy a 2-1 win. Not sure why when all evidence says we're complete shite. But i do.

Today is the first of three crucial matches at the end of which we could be either pretty much safe in league one or thinking about life in league two.
I think the team, management and fans will be right up for it today and the table will look much better at 5 o’clock this evening.
3-1 to the u’s
COYY

Back
Top Bottom