Home Match Day Thread +++06/10/2019 OUFC V Portsmouth leasing.com trophy +++

Sarge

God like member
Home game in the pointless trophy ....pompey have qualified &are expected to field a young team....expect to see long, sykes, Agyei get game time along with u23s and maybe u18s in the squad

2-1 home win sykes & agyei

Last year's EFL trophy prize money.
Group Stage: £10k for a win and £5k for a draw
Round Two: £20k for a win
Round Three: £40k for a win
Quarter Final: £50k for a win
Runner-up: £50k
Winner: £100k

This year's league cup prize money
round winners
1 £5K
2 £7K
3 £10K
4 £15K
qtr final £20K
semi final £25K
runner up £50K
Winner £100K
It always confuses me why in the league cup they say you get 25K for winning semi final and then 50K for being runner up. Simpler just to say after quarter finals, runner up 75K, winner £125K?

Anyway, I'd say the EFL Trophy is an easier way of winning some prize money. Don't know what the tv money is like in the League Cup though?

100k ain’t much compared to the fa cup which is 3.6 million.
should be more incentive for the hassle of having to play the premiersh#t u12s.

always want to see oxford win but really couldn’t give a monkeys ars# about this game

I’m going to this one - looking forward to seeing Agyei as I thought he was decent against Norwich U-21s. Hopefully Sykes can play well also.

I’d like to see something like:

Stevens
Long Moore Jones Ruffels
Gorrin
Sykes CM
Hall
Agyei Taylor​

Not sure who the CM should be, one of the youth players

I guess share of gate receipts also worth more if you get a good draw in the league cup/ FA Cup.

PLAYED FOR BOTH : includes Mick Tait, David Leworthy, Mal Shotton, Chris Tardif , Jimmy Carter,
George Thorne, Simon Eastwood, John Durnin and many, many more.

C7gTK6vXkAI_Ytb

Might even be a four figure attendance ................................................ #bteamboycott*

*unless we make the Final. ? ?

OUWFC play at home V Hounslow (CPF) tonight as well as the leasing dot com trophy match at the breeze block

good planning that - not

I think we will win tonight which is always a good thing my only problem is I don’t see the point in this match tonight or any other in this competition it doesn’t make you much money risk losing valuable players to injury I suppose that’s why it’s called the pointless trophy ?

PLAYED FOR BOTH : includes Mick Tait, David Leworthy, Mal Shotton, Chris Tardif , Jimmy Carter,
George Thorne, Simon Eastwood, John Durnin and many, many more.

C7gTK6vXkAI_Ytb
Just remembered Brian Lewis. Nifty forward with good goals per game ratio.

....Guy Whittingham, Lee Bradbury, David Waterman.

There are lots of players to have played for both Pompey & Oxford Utd.

I’ve never been a fan of this competition and as soon as the Premiership B sides were given an entry, it confirmed to me that this isn’t a competition for L1 & L2 teams, it’s about money for the League management.

Back
Top Bottom