Home Match Day Thread +++06/10/2019 OUFC V Portsmouth leasing.com trophy +++

Oxford have played Portsmouth in the Football League Trophy before in 2013. The competition was
called the JPT then.

Fun fact - I believe that was Josh Ruffels' first start for the club.

If he plays tonight, it'll be #193!

Exciting bench for the Ox.. good to see a few u’18’s making the cut..

Can’t believe Agyei isn’t starting. I thought he was going to be good for us this season. Really think he deserves a chance.

Win tonight, if we've got to play then why not got to Wembley? 3-1 for the mighty Yellows.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Two early kick-offs tonight, scores after 15 minutes
Forest Green v Coventry 0-0
Rotherham v Doncaster 1-0

I know I shouldn’t be, but I’ve become a bit fond of this competition. The two days at Wembley we’re great occasions, if ultimately disappointing, and that semi at Luton was a really good game. Admittedly those two seasons were before the ignominy of the introduction of the B teams, but even last year, a final of Sunderland and Portsmouth at Wembley was a pretty impressive occasion. So I would ideally like us to do well without expending a huge amount of effort (until, say, the QFs).
Fancy us to win this. Pompey are improving but still a bit rubbish so far this year. 2-0 us.

Wimbledon v Leyton Orient 1-0
and 2 other EKs
Colchester v Tottenham U21 0-0
Shrewsbury v Newcastle U21 0-0

Jeez just seen the team - probably our strongest possible 11? Minus mousinho Fosu and Henry (and Woodburn but obviously injury). And arguably Cadden. I know it’s supposed to be good to keep a winning team playing but do we really need to risk CB, Gorrin AND baptiste? Pleased to see Sykes getting a game.

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but available on Ifollow in the UK

I know I shouldn’t be, but I’ve become a bit fond of this competition. The two days at Wembley we’re great occasions, if ultimately disappointing, and that semi at Luton was a really good game. Admittedly those two seasons were before the ignominy of the introduction of the B teams, but even last year, a final of Sunderland and Portsmouth at Wembley was a pretty impressive occasion. So I would ideally like us to do well without expending a huge amount of effort (until, say, the QFs).
Fancy us to win this. Pompey are improving but still a bit rubbish so far this year. 2-0 us.
Wasn't the second of those finals in the season that B teams were first introduced?

Jeez just seen the team - probably our strongest possible 11? Minus mousinho Fosu and Henry (and Woodburn but obviously injury). And arguably Cadden. I know it’s supposed to be good to keep a winning team playing but do we really need to risk CB, Gorrin AND baptiste? Pleased to see Sykes getting a game.
I'm amazed after the recent injuries and the chance to blood a couple of youngsters (I realise a couple might come on as sub)

Back
Top Bottom