Home Match Day Thread +++06/10/2019 OUFC V Portsmouth leasing.com trophy +++

Oxford have played Portsmouth in the Football League Trophy before in 2013. The competition was
called the JPT then.

Stevens
Long Dickie Jones Ruffels
Gorrin Brannagan
Cadden Sykes Hall
Agyei

3-1, Hall, Agyei + Dickie

For the first time since we have been playing in this tournament, I actually want us to get knocked out. Then focus on the league. We have a great chance to do well this season, and we’ve also had a nice cup run. We can do without a fixture pile up.

who was it we got from Pompey few years back, striker I seem to remember? (but memory isn't what it was)
did OK for us (I think)

aha just went through list of names on rageonline - David Connolly.

David James Connolly, striker, born in Willesden, signed from Portsmouth on 31 January 2014 on loan until the end of the season. Republic of Ireland international: won 41 caps and scored nine goals.

I’ve never been a fan of this competition and as soon as the Premiership B sides were given an entry, it confirmed to me that this isn’t a competition for L1 & L2 teams, it’s about money for the League management.
How are they making money?

aha just went through list of names on rageonline - David Connolly.

David James Connolly, striker, born in Willesden, signed from Portsmouth on 31 January 2014 on loan until the end of the season. Republic of Ireland international: won 41 caps and scored nine goals.
Good hit

So I believe the Qualifying player rule is 4 outfield players who:
a) Started the previous game, or
b) Start the next game, or
c) Is in the list of players with Top Ten appearances on the season, or
d) Has made 40 or more first team starts (and not just for OUFC, or for this season), or
e) Is on loan from a Premier League Club or EFL Club with a Category One academy

Therefore, I'd be going with

Stevens
Long Moore Mousinho Ruffels
Gorrin
Baptiste Sykes
Hall Agyei
Taylor

Meets the rule comfortably, but gives the players who've been the busiest this year (Eastwood, Dickie, Cadden, Brannagan, Fosu, Henry, Mackie) a well-deserved rest.
[with an apology to Josh Ruffels, but we don't really have anyone else to play left back in Berkoe's absence. But the guy seems to be able to run forever, so I'm sure he'll be fine]

The fact that we can rest seven players, have four midfielders out injured, and still field a team that strong is a testament to how good the squad is this year!

hope we get the draw or win and progress, n keep the unbeaten run rolling along.... shant be going though, 'watch' on rad ox instead

Giving this one a miss, I havent been to many since the B teams came into it.
Chelsea away the 2nd year, Fulham and Spurs at home....did make Wembley though ?

Back
Top Bottom