+++ 06/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 2 - OUFC v Pompey +++

Christ we've had some big 'go mental moments this year, the Sunderland shoot out, most of the West Ham game, Mattys City equalizer, The Holland volley...even Ruffs late header against Shrews whilst listening on Radox...

Lost my legs celebrating that one.

I want one more next Monday.
I really think you’ll get one.

Christ we've had some big 'go mental moments this year, the Sunderland shoot out, most of the West Ham game, Mattys City equalizer, The Holland volley...even Ruffs late header against Shrews whilst listening on Radox...

Lost my legs celebrating that one.

I want one more next Monday.
When we win next Monday I will have to apologise to my neighbours because I will be letting of fireworks popping bubbly in the garden and singing as many Oxford songs as I can remember after a skinful I will be absolutely wrecked thank you robbo

I was told KR liked him, certainly as a player anyway. No doubting his quality to be fair. The baggage was the problem

It's not as if KR hasn't tried to get the best out of people with "baggage" before.

Fosu was said to be a risk.

Lovely, lovely result. Top marks to every player, there was no lack of effort even when things weren't going for them.

The penalties were just superb and Harrison is a legend for scoring our equaliser.

Also, after the last game he bounced back with the very good 1st half save.

As an aside the same 2 commentators got worse than the 1st game incredibly, Roof-ells plays for us apparently and Long can be either Henry or Sykes as they can be each other but not themselves. It really isn't much to ask for them to get the right person 95% of the time, considering they did the 1st game and didn't have the same problem with Pompey.

Lovely, lovely result. Top marks to every player, there was no lack of effort even when things weren't going for them.

The penalties were just superb and Harrison is a legend for scoring our equaliser.

Also, after the last game he bounced back with the very good 1st half save.

As an aside the same 2 commentators got worse than the 1st game incredibly, Roof-ells plays for us apparently and Long can be either Henry or Sykes as they can be each other but not themselves. It really isn't much to ask for them to get the right person 95% of the time, considering they did the 1st game and didn't have the same problem with Pompey.
Hey how about ag yi not agyei it amazes me how they can pronounce the premier league players name correctly but not lower league teams wankers

The commentators made us very angry favouring Pompey... If they skied itover the bar Eastwood was nowhere near it... we cleared the ball and then were apparently saved by an offside!

Hopefully for the final sky might loosen the purse strings and get somebody decent in Im not holding my breath

I do think pompey were the better side over the 2 legs. We weren't our fluid best. But if they'd concentrated on scoring instead of trying to.win penalties and free kicks they would probably have won. Their focus was wrong and it worked against them, both mentally and the "boy who cried wolf" effect it had on the officisls. Too cynical by Jackett.

Agreed.

It's not as if KR hasn't tried to get the best out of people with "baggage" before.

Fosu was said to be a risk.

Yeah agreed Robbo does back himself with that sort of player but Ranger was not on the same scale as I understand it. Was talked out of it by others.

Was told this pre season when T was on the pitch.

He mentioned at one point that the other semi final between Wycombe and Rotherham would be on after this match concluded. Idiot.

Yes, and apparently we scored more penalties than ourselves in the Abomination Trophy shootout against them this season. Rob Palmer (I think) mentioned this game about 50 times.

Last edited:
Christ, I've missed football, nothing else gives a buzz like it.

Chuffed for Robbo and the whole team, a great effort to get over the line.

Special shout out to Sam Long for allowing Curtis the opportunity to make a cock out himself diving on the floor, before swiftly putting him back in his pocket.

Yes, and apparently we scored last goals than ourselves in the Abomination Trophy this season which game Rob Palmer (I think) mentioned about 50 times.
He also said that Pompey beat us on penalties earlier in the season due to the fact they missed fewer kicks... Well, yeah... that's sort of how they are supposed to work.

Back
Top Bottom