+++ 06/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 2 - OUFC v Pompey +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get to that stage, I simply will not be able to watch/listen.

Am I alone in finding this 'remote' stuff far more stressful than actually being there?

You’re not alone!

I so much prefer to be at the actual match. I don’t enjoy watching on TV that much, prefer to be in the stadium where I can see the whole of the pitch, sense the mood of the crowd, assess the body language of the players.

As much as the RadOx coverage is excellent, I find listening to Oxford matches (particularly important ones) almost unbearable.

Apologies if already talked about but did anyone have any luck syncing Radio Oxford commentary with Sky on Friday? Can’t put myself through listening to the Sky commentary again tonight. I’m guessing DAB is likely to be more in sync than listening on FM?
rad ox was about 20 seconds behind. I had them on and the sky commentary. When it was quiet, I'd turn the tv down, and read ox up

I've got something to take my mind of the game. Dentist at 3:50 (Dutch time), something about a difficult extraction of a wisdom molar. Ouch. Hope I'll be fit for tonight.

You’re not alone!

I so much prefer to be at the actual match. I don’t enjoy watching on TV that much, prefer to be in the stadium where I can see the whole of the pitch, sense the mood of the crowd, assess the body language of the players.

As much as the RadOx coverage is excellent, I find listening to Oxford matches (particularly important ones) almost unbearable.

Same as me, if it gets to penalties I may have to leave the room, like I did when England v columbia went to pens. I was at the Sunderland game and I was less nervous. Maybe because there was less riding on it, but it seemed more bare able being in the ground.

I've got something to take my mind of the game. Dentist at 3:50 (Dutch time), something about a difficult extraction of a wisdom molar. Ouch. Hope I'll be fit for tonight.

Here's hoping we extract Portsmouth from the play offs and fill our place in the final! Hope it goes as well as it can Malc.

should’ve got appointment for 2.30 (tooth hurty)

Portsmouth certainly had the greater possession and the better chances in teh first leg, so it'd be hard not to acknowledge them as the better team. However, we gave a very good away performance, soaking up pressure without really breaking a sweat. Tonight will hopefully give us the opportunity to play our own game and put them on the back foot.

As for the second semi, I actually think it could backfire being so far ahead. Getting minutes uder your belt in competitive football is vital at the moment, and if Fleetwood don't come out flying then the game could be dead after 30 minutes. Shuffling the players or easing off will more likely leave Wycombe disjointed or too casual for the final. Also, you wouldn't put it past Barton to have his players kicking lumps out of Wycombe to get some pathetic little revenge. With so little preparation time, a mistimed tackle or two could leave players out of contention for next week.

Still, get our job done first and worry about the rest later. I think this will be the moment Cameron Brannagan shines. Expecting a Jim Magiliton sytle performance, leading our midfield and knocking balls around with ease! 2 nil yellows!!!
Love that positivity ????

• React
Reactions: UTM
Love that positivity ????
Yes spot on , we had a difficult first 20 minutes or so , but after that held our own , and started to take the game to Pompey.
with a great goal , starting from the half way line.
2-1 to us on the night.
l don’t even think the Fleetwood game is over. So WWFC managers “ Mick Jagger or Robert Plant look?“ may have to wait before he gets to the final?

Apologies if already talked about but did anyone have any luck syncing Radio Oxford commentary with Sky on Friday? Can’t put myself through listening to the Sky commentary again tonight. I’m guessing DAB is likely to be more in sync than listening on FM?

I tried but failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom