+++ 06/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 2 - OUFC v Pompey +++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is weird why they didn't alternate the kick off times, or make us the late kick off as Oxford to Portsmouth is local compared to Wycombe and Fleetwood.

Yeh I think making us the late kick off tonight would of made sense. Just doesn't seem right to be kicking off at 5, where normal midweek games are 7.45. Still aslong as we win I won't be complaining.

Kick-off time is 5 o'clock. So even worse for those at work.

Yeh that's what I meant lol. People saying they finish at 5. So will be home at 5.30 for kick off. Which was all good and well Friday. But tonight's is a 5pm kick off.

I feel like drawing on Friday was probably the best outcome, bar winning 5-0. We won't be going in to the match thinking we only need a draw.

Hopefully we can play our game today. Still equally as nervy though so can't wait until 6:55 when it's all over and we are either out of it or going to Wembley.

Come on you yellows!!

Wonder how many will turn up at the ground. Drove past yesterday and Fence End's wire big brother was there in force. Still possible to access the grassy knoll though. Lots of setting up for TV going on ....... and the hand car wash was open!

Onto the match and we've heard nothing from KR regarding injuries. To me that's a bad sign. He's usually quick to announce a fully fit squad but tends to keep injuries a closely guarded secret ..... except when he says a player is struggling with a knock when he knows full well they will be available if you know what I mean, which I'm not sure I do!

I can’t see us starting the same XI who played on Friday surely? Not enough time to rest and recover

It's going to be a hard game later, no question about it. We need to play better as a team if we are going to win, but we are more than capable of doing that. Team selection will be interesting. Are Brannagan, Taylor and Browne actually fit? Will Woodburn start? Will Long be at RB? A lot of tough choices to be made.

I have faith in the management and players to do their best, so fingers crossed that we can get to the final.. COYFY

2-1, hopefully Agyei gets some game time instead of Mackie. Last game shows it is likely to be a bit of a lottery without the quality we sometimes see from both sides.

#anyonebutWycombe

I think the main selection issue - with potential of 120 mins ahead, do you start with strongest xi or finish with strongest xi - since if Browne, Taylor can only manage 60 mins - you don’t want to go into last half hour needing a goal without them on the pitch. Equally is it defeatist to not start with them.

Wonder how many will turn up at the ground. Drove past yesterday and Fence End's wire big brother was there in force. Still possible to access the grassy knoll though. Lots of setting up for TV going on ....... and the hand car wash was open!

Onto the match and we've heard nothing from KR regarding injuries. To me that's a bad sign. He's usually quick to announce a fully fit squad but tends to keep injuries a closely guarded secret ..... except when he says a player is struggling with a knock when he knows full well they will be available if you know what I mean, which I'm not sure I do!
wonder if the car wash will be open tonight - was just thinking my car needs cleaning and cos of work wouldn’t be able to get there til 5. the cars filthy dirty and would probably take at least 90 minutes to clean

It's going to be a hard game later, no question about it. We need to play better as a team if we are going to win, but we are more than capable of doing that. Team selection will be interesting. Are Brannagan, Taylor and Browne actually fit? Will Woodburn start? Will Long be at RB? A lot of tough choices to be made.

I have faith in the management and players to do their best, so fingers crossed that we can get to the final.. COYFY

KR thought Brannagan was suffering from cramp

I can't see anyone but Sam Long at RB. TBF, he was up against Curtis in the last match who has been linked with big money moves.

I expect the same XI to start.

would definitely stick with Long, he’ll know what to expect this time.
keep Curtis out of the game and we may just do it tonight.
2-1 with another from Browne and Henry is due one

Has anyone received their virtual match day ticket and link to program yet? Anyone who paid for a cardboard cut out should have been emailed the information.

The main thing that concerns me about Pompey is their direct play as we don’t tend to play at our best against teams that adopt this approach.

Just hope we can get the ball down and play simple easy football, and retain the bloody ball e.g. don’t force it. A few times in the game Friday, Woodburn tried to force the ball when an extra pass was on.

We are technically better than them, whereas, they are better at route one than us, so let our style of play dictate the game rather than theirs. If they haven’t got the ball it’s difficult to hurt us.

would definitely stick with Long, he’ll know what to expect this time.
keep Curtis out of the game and we may just do it tonight.
2-1 with another from Browne and Henry is due one

I also felt when Williams came on he looked like he could beat Ruffels with ease too, so with Curtis one side and Williams the other this would concern me.

Has anyone received their virtual match day ticket and link to program yet? Anyone who paid for a cardboard cut out should have been emailed the information.
I was just going to ask the same thing. The official site says they have been ‘sent’ but I’ve received nothing in my email.

Curtis & Williams are the two I worry about. Sam Long has to stick tight on Curtis or he will hurt us. I reckon Ruffs will handle Williams better tonight. Hope ref protects Browne as they certainly singled him out for "treatment" in the first leg. COYY!!

Curtis & Williams are the two I worry about. Sam Long has to stick tight on Curtis or he will hurt us. I reckon Ruffs will handle Williams better tonight. Hope ref protects Browne as they certainly singled him out for "treatment" in the first leg. COYY!!
If they play both Curtis and Williams it’ll make for an open game which, hopefully, will play into our hands. The more open the game is, the more we can cut them to pieces with our passing game and exploit the space.

I’ll be on now tv on my phone on the bus back from work then will load it up on my PlayStation when I get in, not ideal, especially if we score as it will be hard to keep quiet ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom