• Draw

Votes: 17 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malc

Staff member
Games coming thick an fast. Our performance v the Posh has brightened me up no end. Now some goals to get those oh so needed three points.

Shouldn't that say 06/03? Sorry to be pedantic(big word for me lol)

If we are looking to catch those above, then we really must win this one. We are all out of spare points.
Chances are being created but no-one is there to finish them off.
This just has to change. Goals win games.... It’s that simple yet we are struggling.
We have to pressure the centre of the box more, gamble, and hope that the ball drops favourably. Keep putting it in there low and hard and it has to go in eventually.

Back to winning ways( at last) ....with a decent 3-0...which sets the squad mindset up for tuesday night

Injuries will make this a tough one, a couple more and we'll be running on fumes. Charlton got blitzed at home against Blackpool but managed to get the win at Wigan. The table alone suggests an even encounter.
Let's try a late 1-0 from Moore from a corner.

We need a win with goals scored by Matty and Dan but, let's face it, this is just the warm up for the game on Tuesday. If we don't win that one then who knows what will happen!

Assuming Henry, Long and Lee will be out:

Stevens
Hanson Moore Atkinson Ruffels
Gorrin Forde
Sykes Kelly Brannagan
Agyei

SUBS: Taylor, Barker, Hall, Shodipo, Chambers-Parillon, Grayson, Eastwood

Again, not usually a fan of 4231, but it's the only formation that really suits the players available at the moment, unless we start with Barker and Shodipo on the wings, but from what I've seen from them both so far, I hope not, so 4231 it is for me.

I'd give Taylor a couple of games rest, as the last few games have shown he needs to recharge his batteries, and Agyei has looked full of desire and hunger in his last couple of appearances, so I'd chuck him in.
If Henry, Long or Lee don't make it, then we're gonna struggle to fill the bench, so it's an opportunity to give a youngster the chance to step up and get a bit senior experience.
We're losing ground on the playoffs, so a draw won't do, a must win game.

COYY

I’m expecting a thrilling 3-2 win with a couple of defensive errors exposed on our part.
Lee Bowyer might be looking for another job if we can win comprehensively

The next three look season defining to me.

A top half challenger, a lower half struggler in a needly derby game and an automatic hopeful. Charlton at home up first.

My fears rest on how light we’re looking in terms of players, short and long term. We’ve got to muddle through somehow.

Depending which Oxford side turn up I think a 3 or 4 nil win or loss!
I don't think that we have lost by more than 2 goals all season.
Having just drawn 0 0 with the Top team I would be a little surprised if we scored or conceded 4!

Last edited:
0-0 for me we can’t score and our defence is decent so hopefully will stop them scoring a point wouldn’t be the worst result out of our next 3 games I think we will get 5 points with the 3 coming from the skip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom