Away Match Day Thread +++05/10/2019 L1: Accrington Stanley v OUFC

Feeling a bit edgy about this one. I do think our clean sheet run will go today and think we could even concede two or three, don’t ask me why I think that because we’ve been very solid at the back but we can’t carry on not conceding ! Can we ? I cannot see us not scoring though so heart says 3-2 to us but head says 2-2 with Henry (pen) and Taylor.

It’s a tricky place to go and given this hot streak we are on a point at another long distance away day wouldn’t be disastrous.

Would be very happy with a clean sheet today. We're good enough to get one.

Today’s referee is Martin Coy. Third season on the list.

He last refereed a U’s match last October when United beat Shrewsbury 3-0.

D5KZVw0WkAAxaSd

Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Mous Ruffels
Brannagan Gorrin Woodburn
Henry Taylor Fosu

SUBS: Mackie, Agyei, Baptiste, Forde, Sykes, Long, Stevens

As much as I love Baptiste, and see him as a soon to be star player of our side, Woodburn has been excellent in our last two league games, and deserves to keep his place, plus he and Baptiste will be called up for international duty next weekend, so although he's pretty much there now, it might be wise to be a little more cautious while getting Baptiste back into the full swing of things, with an international break taking him away from the clubs Physio's and fitness coach's for a while, as if we play him for 90 minutes today, then he plays full matches for Grenada, he could risk injury, so soon after returning to full fitness, which would be a disaster!

Give him 25mins today, get him through the international break, then he's fully up and running!

That said, will be a tough game today, always is up there, but playing the way we have been, I'm feeling very confident of a win.

COYY

iFollow and Sky news for us, looking forward to hearing us score a shed load again!

Eastwood
Cadden Dickie Mous Ruffels
Brannagan Gorrin Woodburn
Henry Taylor Fosu

SUBS: Mackie, Agyei, Baptiste, Forde, Sykes, Long, Stevens

As much as I love Baptiste, and see him as a soon to be star player of our side, Woodburn has been excellent in our last two league games, and deserves to keep his place, plus he and Baptiste will be called up for international duty next weekend, so although he's pretty much there now, it might be wise to be a little more cautious while getting Baptiste back into the full swing of things, with an international break taking him away from the clubs Physio's and fitness coach's for a while, as if we play him for 90 minutes today, then he plays full matches for Grenada, he could risk injury, so soon after returning to full fitness, which would be a disaster!

Give him 25mins today, get him through the international break, then he's fully up and running!

That said, will be a tough game today, always is up there, but playing the way we have been, I'm feeling very confident of a win.

COYY
Moore has to be at least on the bench. Probably in place of Agyei.

This corresponding fixture last year was probably my lowest moment of the campaign. I really thought we might go down. Things are obviously much less bleak this time around, but I’m still wary, it’s a tricky place to go. Accrington haven’t been great at home, losing a few times and only beating MK there, and I think kept their first clean sheet of the season last weekend against what looks to be the league’s whipping boys in Southend. With that in mind, I’m going to go for a conservative 1-1 draw. Not a bad result and one that keeps our unbeaten run going. COYY

My prediction ranges anywhere between a 2-1 loss and a 6-0 win for oxford.

heres hoping the first team match the U18s result from earlier ... 4-0 win ;)

Back
Top Bottom