Home Match Build Up 05/04/2021 L1 OUFC v Accrington Stanley

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 19 isn't he? When will he ever be ready. Use these 8 games to see what the youth have to offer and also decide the retained list and look at early transfer buisness. If we didn't have a shocking start to the season every time we may actually get out of this league!
What i’ve seen of him so far is that he tends to get rid of the ball to quick when he and Lofthouse came under pressure, I know that is the general side of football but they seemed uncertain and even though the play offs have gone for us wait until maybe the last couple of games to give them a shout.

Last edited:
Forde in for Sykes with Long and Ruffs back hopefully

Has anyone ever seen Elechi? I thought Hanson did quite well, he was skinned by a good winger but Josh has form for that too.
I have seen him 5 to 6 times.
He has looked OK - decent going forwards but weaker defensively.
But that was only over a few games. Junior and Sarge have probably seen him a lot more.
Hanson did OK yesterday against a very good player.
I think that we have to go for the 6 wins we need. Once we are out of it by all means play a couple of the younger players.

Play both... go, 4 4 f*****g 2!

It's not Robbo's way of playing. But I do agree I would switch to 4 4 2 for the remaining 8 games. Even Winnal might turn out to be a decent striker in a different formation.

I have seen him 5 to 6 times.
He has looked OK - decent going forwards but weaker defensively.
But that was only over a few games. Junior and Sarge have probably seen him a lot more.
Hanson did OK yesterday against a very good player.
I think that we have to go for the 6 wins we need. Once we are out of it by all means play a couple of the younger players.
IMO Elechi is a very promising & exciting young defender...who contributes goals too

Why?
Taylor has scored 3 in the last what 5 games and 14 this season.
I am really not sure why it is impossible to not drop our best striker?
Dan Agyei has been brilliant in every one of his last few games including when he came on against Sunderland. When he plays he offers pace, threat, runs in behind, creates chances and wins corners and free kicks. Matty Taylor worked hard on Friday but provided very little threat, AND perhaps more importantly he played 75 minutes and absolutely ran running his socks off. So to start him, as a 31 year old, in a game literally two two days later, over a fresh Dan Agyei who is in fine form, seems strange in the extreme to me?

Also I’m not sure if you remember what you posted in reply to me suggesting that Sykes shouldn’t be dropped for the Sunderland game after his good performance against Lincoln: “It happens all of the time these days. To the extent that they probably don't see it as dropped.” Your words!

But if we didn’t play Matty Taylor in a game literally two days after he had a hard working but toothless performance it would be ‘dropping our best striker’??

Dan Agyei has been brilliant in every one of his last few games including when he came on against Sunderland. When he plays he offers pace, threat, runs in behind, creates chances and wins corners and free kicks. Matty Taylor worked hard on Friday but provided very little threat, AND perhaps more importantly he played 75 minutes and absolutely ran running his socks off. So to start him, as a 31 year old, in a game literally two two days later, over a fresh Dan Agyei who is in fine form, seems strange in the extreme to me?

Also I’m not sure if you remember what you posted in reply to me suggesting that Sykes shouldn’t be dropped for the Sunderland game after his good performance against Lincoln: “It happens all of the time these days. To the extent that they probably don't see it as dropped.” Your words!

But if we didn’t play Matty Taylor in a game literally two days after he had a hard working but toothless performance it would be ‘dropping our best striker’??
It is 3 days not 2.
The same as playing Saturday/ Tuesday.
I would play Taylor as in my view he is more likely to score and is by far out best striker.
If Agyei does start then fine, that is a different call.
The bit I 100% disagree with is that 'It's literally impossible for anything else to happen'. My view is that is ridiculous.
I would guess that of all of our supporters at least half would start with Taylor.

It is 3 days not 2.
The same as playing Saturday/ Tuesday.
I would play Taylor as in my view he is more likely to score and is by far out best striker.
If Agyei does start then fine, that is a different call.
The bit I 100% disagree with is that 'It's literally impossible for anything else to happen'. My view is that is ridiculous.
I would guess that of all of our supporters at least half would start with Taylor.
Yes you don’t normally drop your leading scorer. There’s a case for Agyei starting instead of Shodipo on the wing but maybe he’s more effective as a sub

You look at the table and this year I would say last place in the play offs will be 76 PTS it doesn't give us alot of leeway . It's a must win and we need some run I just can't see it. We've got a great team spirit but you need more. See how it goes the next few games then give Elechi a game or two and the new Irish lad and a few others .Get the planning ready for next season .

Couldn’t agree more. Blackpool, Northampton and now Sunderland, three northern gritty teams, where one point in nine has most likely cost us. We now have rely on others slipping up.
Five teams up there have changed managers, Ipswich, Doncaster, Portsmouth, Sunderland and Charlton, all better placed than us

Yes thank goodness we never had an injury to Moore and Atkinson then we would have been in trouble. Forde and Hanson did ok at Sunderland I know the winger did Hanson but only really once and let's be honest Ruffles might have struggled with him. And that tackle that Hanson made saved a goal.Its nice we are near the top and not where Swindon are .I know it's nice to finish well but it might be time soon to try a few kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom