Home Match Day Thread 05/02/2022 L1: OUFC v Portsmouth

Status
Not open for further replies.
wasnt it 'caught' on i follow footage ( I maybe imagined it, but I think someone posted they saw the bottle thrown at Brown was on Ifollow?)..... but yes @Wallop , I agree, the relevant CCTV footage should be sent to Pompey , which assuming ifollow also has the incident, should help them to identify the perpetrator.... and, hopefully, take appropriate action

Probably not over their zealousness over us beating them. Hope they lose the red card appeal as well.

I just watched a vlog by pompey

1. Oxford won’t get promoted
2. Pompey can win 15 of last 18 to get promoted as Saturday they were superb apparently (match stars suggest otherwise)
3. Worst ref ever.

The last point is incredible to me. I think I sometimes watch games and know oxford have been dumb , dirty, time wasted. Teams do it. No club is unique. But they say he ruined the game. If you watched back each incident with a neutral and went to the rules of the game I just don’t see how you come to that conclusion. If anything he didn’t give the second red to save it as a spectacle . Portsmouth played like thugs and have only themselves to blame.
You must remember Portsmouth were once in the Premiership so have a divine right to return. But for the worst ref in history, Oxford would not have had 28 shots on target compared to the 3 Pompey had. The only reason Oxford had over 3/4 of the possession was because they cheated. Watching Pompey is like watching Brazil… or is that a Brazilian, a total rip off.

I just watched a vlog by pompey

1. Oxford won’t get promoted
2. Pompey can win 15 of last 18 to get promoted as Saturday they were superb apparently (match stars suggest otherwise)
3. Worst ref ever.

The last point is incredible to me. I think I sometimes watch games and know oxford have been dumb , dirty, time wasted. Teams do it. No club is unique. But they say he ruined the game. If you watched back each incident with a neutral and went to the rules of the game I just don’t see how you come to that conclusion. If anything he didn’t give the second red to save it as a spectacle . Portsmouth played like thugs and have only themselves to blame.
“Fournilwrittenalloverit” -I watch this most weeks.
Tom & Andrew are normally more impartial than these comments imply.
But certainly so wrong on points 2&3 ( and hopefully 1)

According to BBC south sport not showing out opening goal but we broke Portsmouth hearts biased fuckers

SSU so got a nice balance of home and away fans.

Frankly, until it went 2-2 the East stand was a joke. So quiet and so flat.

Legitimately, if it isn’t “yellows”, “yellow and blue army” or Robinson yellow army there is nothing. No atmosphere.

People won’t like it, people will have their rose tinted glasses on but it’s true. Our atmospheric home support is dire.

Your post sums it up “Atmosphere was flat when Portsmouth were winning” why does it take us to be level or winning for their to be noise?
Bang on there mate, really is poor

Can't beleive I missed it. Must have been all the excitement but which of our four substitutions was the concussion sub?

@ECYellow don’t hear the SSu or even the SSL singing if so that’s a bit rich. Yes it wasn’t as loud as it could be in the East stand but there were still chants/songs. Since the Ultras left it singing hasn’t been S often as it used to.
Now we have a new group the Fanatics I am hoping they will bringing the singing back to what it was.
We will always have the “ we are the left side “or “ build it up with yellow and blue “ or even the yellow submarine song. But we do hear the occasional “
“ you’re f*****g s**t “ or “ f*****g useless duh du duh du duh “ you don’t hear much different to those songs/chants.
Tbf I and loads of others normally sing to Pompey or West Ham “ one song you only know one song “
But tbf to Pompey they actually sang 3/4 different songs other than “ play up Pompey “
So who should sing? Just the east stand? if all the stands sang or most of the fans it would sound good. In unison would be good but in harmony…..that would be to much.

Reality is the Kassam Stadium will always be s**t for home atmosphere until they make a dedicated singing section in Block 25 & 26 in the North Stand.

Similar to the one at Lincoln

Reality is the Kassam Stadium will always be s**t for home atmosphere until they make a dedicated singing section in Block 25 & 26 in the North Stand.

Similar to the one at Lincoln
Even a dedicated singing section will do little given the abysmal accoustics of the three sided stadium

We struggle to know what to sing together when we get a corner e.g. some are singing ‘yellows, yellows, yellows’ etc whilst others are singing ‘come on you yellows’ and vice versa.

Personally I think it should start with ‘come on you yellows’ followed by ‘yellows, yellows’ yellows’ etc but hey ho!

Last edited:
Even a dedicated singing section will do little given the abysmal accoustics of the three sided stadium
Keep the flags and displays behind the goal.
Move the singers to the North stand, from where the sound carries and infects and encourages, the rest of the stadium.
We’ve witnessed several good efforts away from home fans, where the home fans singers are on the side rather than behind the goal- Lincoln and Wigan as examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom