+++ 04/09/2018 OUFC v Fulham U21 Match Day Thread +++

That video is six minutes of Shaun Harvey patting himself on the back. Revolting.

It'll be interesting to see what the attendances are like for this 'revitalised' competition tonight! I have my suspicions about the fevered level of interest it is attracting...
Putting city tickets for a proper cup competition tonight to st & members in person may well artificially increase the attendance..... won't include me though, BOLLOX to Shaun Harvey and his poxy trophy I say

Here are the actual player rules:

-----------------------------------------------------

7.3 Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5 First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

------------------------------------------------------

So basically four first team players among the 10 outfield players who start. Presumably you could sub three of them off after five minutes though!
What's the odds on hopeless Harvey changing the rules before kick off or during the match?:unsure:

0-0 ft OUFC win on pens to make Fulham u11s cry

I got my Wycombe away tickets for me and the missus today, so I'm all of a qiuvver. Tonight's game? Don't know, don't bloody care. Oh all right, then.....Oxford United 4 (Smith 3 and an o.g.) Fulham under the infuence of drink 2 Att: 2278 and 165 Fulham fans. Everything will be in working order tonight (lights, scoreboard etc) but no-one there to apprecate it. No dog on the pitch tonight (it couldn't be arsed). The Fulham fans, thinking it's hilarious to take the P**s out of our three-stand ground, will sing that comedy song: 'Three wheels on my wagon'. We'll come back with that old Elvis Presley classic: 'You're gonna get what Aston Villa got!'. I bloody hate Cockneys. Where I live, is full of plastic ones. There'll be 3 people on trial today - at Oxford Crown Court. If there's a clear sky tonight, you'll be able to see Mars. If you go to the food place at half time, you might even see a Packet of Rolo. That just about does it for me.

Here are the actual player rules:

-----------------------------------------------------

7.3 Each EFL Club shall play its Full Available Strength in and during all Matches. Full Available Strength means the EFL Club must include at least four Qualifying Players in the ten outfield Players named in the starting eleven on the Team Sheet.

7.4 Qualifying Player means any Player who:

7.4.1 had started the immediately preceding First Team Fixture (as defined below);

7.4.2 subsequently starts the immediately following First Team Fixture;

7.4.3 is in the list of ten Players at the Club with the highest number of starting appearances in First Team Fixtures in the same Season;

7.4.4 has made forty or more starting appearances in First Team Fixtures or international equivalents (and not limited to the same Club or Season); or

7.4.5 is on standard loan from a Premier League Club or any EFL Club operating a Category One Academy.

7.5 First Team Fixture means the League Competition, Premier League, EFL Cup or FA Challenge Cup (but shall, in the context of Rules 7.4.3 and 7.4.4 only, also include this Competition).

------------------------------------------------------

So basically four first team players among the 10 outfield players who start. Presumably you could sub three of them off after five minutes though!
So is that saying that you could use 4 loanees (7.4.5) as the qualifying players even if they haven't played a single game for the team as yet?

That definition is quite wide now, as it includes all loanees (from Cat 1 academies), anyone who has played more than 40 first team games in their career, and anyone who is in the top ten appearances for the season (Which at this stage is pretty much anyone).

In other words, pretty much our entire first team squad would qualify as one of the four outfield players via one or more of the criteria set out:
Last Game - Nelson, BRannigan, Mackie, Ruffels, Henry, Holmes, Norman, Mous, Browne, Baptiste
Top Ten Apps (=5 or more) - GArbett, Dickie,
40 career apps - McMahon, CArruthers, Obika, Hall, Whyte, Hanson, Raglan

The only exceptions are Sam Smith, Sam Long, Dai

So we could play a team with Stevens in goal, Long, Dai, lopes and another 4 U23s without falling foul of the rules....

Personally I would go with a STevens in goal, an experienced backline of McMahon, mous, Raglan and Garbett, perhaps Baptiste and Long in the middle, then any four from Henry, Browne, Obike, Whyte, MAckie & Dai up front.....but, what the hell do I know?

That definition is quite wide now, as it includes all loanees (from Cat 1 academies), anyone who has played more than 40 first team games in their career, and anyone who is in the top ten appearances for the season (Which at this stage is pretty much anyone).

In other words, pretty much our entire first team squad would qualify as one of the four outfield players via one or more of the criteria set out:
Last Game - Nelson, BRannigan, Mackie, Ruffels, Henry, Holmes, Norman, Mous, Browne, Baptiste
Top Ten Apps (=5 or more) - GArbett, Dickie,
40 career apps - McMahon, CArruthers, Obika, Hall, Whyte, Hanson, Raglan

The only exceptions are Sam Smith, Sam Long, Dai

So we could play a team with Stevens in goal, Long, Dai, lopes and another 4 U23s without falling foul of the rules....

Personally I would go with a STevens in goal, an experienced backline of McMahon, mous, Raglan and Garbett, perhaps Baptiste and Long in the middle, then any four from Henry, Browne, Obike, Whyte, MAckie & Dai up front.....but, what the hell do I know?

Actually, Reading have a Category One Academy (I think) so Sam Smith should be a 'Qualifying Player' as well.

At this point in the season, I think you give a game to any player who's in need of a bit more game time or form. And then fill out the rest of the places with youngsters.

Doing that, we'd include the likes of Garbutt, McMahon, Raglan and Obika for starters.....so shouldn't run into any problems with the regs.

What is certain is that noone who has even the hint of a niggle, or is feeling in any way tired, should be stepping foot on the pitch tonight.

Surely of tonight doesnt count toward the match ban, Hanson can play

Surely of tonight doesnt count toward the match ban, Hanson can play

It's not just us that are confused. Sunderland, southend, Notts County and Charlton all don't understand why it has suddenly meant their players now have a 4 match suspension.

DmRIhynW0AMZ3Ap.jpg

Well we're pretty much forced to play a strong team, another reason why I absolutely detest this farce of a competition. However, it's happening and hopefully Lopes shows his potential, big opportunity for him! Also Slavi Spasov... superb name!

Back
Top Bottom