Matches 04/05/2021 - Playoff pack games

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Discussion about tonight's games:

Charlton v Lincoln - shame that Peterborough clinched the title at Lincoln as they may had a little more to play for. I can see this going either way.

Blackpool v Doncaster - Donny will surprise us with a win!

Donny win but so will charlton
2-1 donny
3-2 charlton
Makes Sunday abit more interesting 😁

Much less on the line for us than last Tuesday I feel. While neither of these teams are technically in or out of the playoffs for sure, I don't think either of their matches particularly affects us.

Blackpool only need the one point from their final two games to be in, and even if they don't get it tonight, they definitely will at home to the Gas on Sunday.

On the other hand, even if Charlton do win (which seems unlikely to me given their home form and Lincoln's resurgence - being 3-0 up to Posh takes some doing, even if they did ultimately get unlucky), it doesn't change what we need to do. Whatever happens, I feel we'll need to win on the weekend to pip Pompey (as I think the best we can hope for in their match is a draw), and so long as we win (barring a couple of huge wins for Charlton, which won't happen), we'll be above them anyway.

Mapp pre Charlton

Worth a listen if only to hear the words " It was one of them "

Sounds like he is going to rest a few, not going to be worried unless Charlton win by more
than 4.

Charlton v Lincoln is free to view on YouTube tonight. They started at 6.00pm. Lincoln have picked a strong side. Appleton does not want to lose momentum going into the play-offs.

Charlton v Lincoln is free to view on YouTube tonight. They started at 6.00pm. Lincoln have picked a strong side. Appleton does not want to lose momentum going into the play-offs.

You sure? I can only see it listed as a 7pm KO.

Cr@p, but not the world's biggest surprise. Still plenty of time for Donny to come good, though!

Switching between Blackpool and Charlton games I can say that Blackpool definitely look better than Donny. And the Charlton v Lincoln game is still 50-50.

Much as I'd like a Donny victory (and unlikelier things have happened), it's the Charlton result that is more important. Even if Charlton win by the odd goal (and no doubt it would be a very odd goal), they'll never score against Hull all that they need to go above us.

Back
Top Bottom