Away Match Day Thread +++ 04/05/2019 Luton Town v OUFC Match Day Thread +++

So you can't watch this live on iFollow despite it being a 17.30 kickoff... gutted
Such a confusing service. It's a sell out, with lots of fans from both sides wanting to possibly buy the game!

Probably Sky trying to force everyone to watch the game on Sky Sports.

Yet I'm on holiday in Portugal and can watch it!

Last edited:
Eastwood
Long Nelson Dickie Ruffels
Hanson
Sykes Henry Brannagan Garbutt
Mackie

3-4, Mackie (2), Sykes + Ruffels

Eastwood

Long - Nelson - Dickie - Ruffels

Henry - Hanson - Brannagan

Whyte - Mackie - Browne

Subs: Stevens - Jones - Garbutt - Mousinho - Sykes - Lofthouse - Sinclair

Robinson suggested we're really gunning for this victory, so I think all the promising talent will be benched, and the proven starters will get a go.

KR also said in the forum that Hanson starts today. OUFC website has Jones in contention for the game, with Lofthouse likely to be on the bench.

I think we'll see another high scoring game, will go for 2-2. Henry rediscovers his scoring touch at the end of the season and Nelson signs off in style.

Luton lose out on the title by a couple of points, but regardless there'll still be a party atmosphere there today.

Talking to one of the my LTFC supporter drivers yesterday, he was saying that the Bedfordshire OB are expecting a lot of action today. Knowing how they normally overreact with their inane "kettling" tactics post match, it might be worth everyone being on their guard against any provocative tactics being employed. One of the reasons the Loungers are not going today following two visits with ridiculous numbers of OB in riot gear post match.
Beyond me why Bedfordshire OB have such an opinion of our support when we have no trouble anywhere else.

Anyway, he was also saying that winning the title would be nice but, they have already achieved what they want, promotion. So, I told him that we would then take great delight in pissing on their celebration bonfire! Strangely, he didn't seem to enamoured with that idea!

I don’t like Luton. Horrible little club. There’s nothing I’d like more that to beat them today. Having said that they have had a great season and hats off to them for that. I really hope it’s Barnsley who win the league though. For them to do that we have to get a result today. 2:2 draw and we P**s on there party COYY

I don’t like Luton. Horrible little club. There’s nothing I’d like more that to beat them today. Having said that they have had a great season and hats off to them for that. I really hope it’s Barnsley who win the league though. For them to do that we have to get a result today. 2:2 draw and we P**s on there party COYY
Barnsley could lose too

I would laugh my socks off if today's results went as follows, with Oxford AND Barnsley messing up Luton's title in the last minute:

Bristol Rovers 0 Barnsley 1 (90th minute)

Luton 1 (1st minute) Oxford 1 (90th minute)

Shouldn’t that be hatters off to them?!

Back
Top Bottom