Away Match Day Thread +++ 04/01/2019 Brentford v OUFC (FACR3) Match Day Thread +++

HT.

Brentford certainly the better but have a habit of overplaying. Eastwood with some smart stops too. We’re competing at least and have a few troublesome players - Graham hits a good corner and Henry has played with a bit more energy.

However the main concern, and it will be fatal if we won’t deal with it, is up front. Mackie offers nothing. We’ve got zero focal point up there. Nothing to target, nothing to play into when we get the ball to the wings. Teams won’t hammer us but it will be death and relegation by 1-0s and 2-0s.

A note for Hanson. He’s not dynamic as a RB but is adept at tackling. I think he’s been very reasonable so far against some tricky players.

Rode the storm of that first 45 ...thankfully easty on form so far....any U's goal scored likely to be a fluke, seem distinctly powder puff up top

high scoring outsider fell at the first :) Don't care ho we do it but scratch a win - great swing bet ow on Betfair about 7.5 U's. Be about 2.7 if we score first. Would then lay the whole lot @ 2.7 :) Smash and grab?

We have nothing up front. We rely 100% on hold up play and getting the midfielders in (to shoot from distance?) but at least ours are capable.

Chelsea 1 up v Notts Forest
Middleborough 2 up in 2 minutes v Peterborough

Charlton equalise v Sunderland 1-1 (L1)

The wummin on BBC seems to regard letting them have loads of chances and doing nothing up front as an example of "Karl Robinson's tactics". I almost shat myself.

Back
Top Bottom