Away Match Day Thread +++ 04/01/2019 Brentford v OUFC (FACR3) Match Day Thread +++

Pros: Nelson played well and didn’t look like a player seeing his contract out. He and Dickie did well I thought, and no goal conceded via open play was a positive.

Eastwood as usually was solid.

Whyte ran his socks off and is our best player by a mile.

Cons: we could still be playing and not have scored by now.

Ref was a proper homer.

Shandon so unlucky (although we spoke to Dickie down the pub 15 mins after the game finished...?) and he said it was bad but not ACL.

Robbo spending 10 mins having a row with the home fans regarding Shandon. Ignore it please and focus on the game.

WE HAVE NO STRIKERS.

Pros: Nelson played well and didn’t look like a player seeing his contract out. He and Dickie did well I thought, and no goal conceded via open play was a positive.

Eastwood as usually was solid.

Whyte ran his socks off and is our best player by a mile.

Cons: we could still be playing and not have scored by now.

Ref was a proper homer.

Shandon so unlucky (although we spoke to Dickie down the pub 15 mins after the game finished...?) and he said it was bad but not ACL.

Robbo spending 10 mins having a row with the home fans regarding Shandon. Ignore it please and focus on the game.

WE HAVE NO STRIKERS.

What was Dickie doing down the pub?!?!

Bit surprised about that! I thought they’d have to warm down, drink energy drinks, chat politely with Brentford folk, etc. I guess Dickie lives around west London or Reading so was probably making his own way home

Bit surprised about that! I thought they’d have to warm down, drink energy drinks, chat politely with Brentford folk, etc. I guess Dickie lives around west London or Reading so was probably making his own way home

15 minutes after the end of the game? You sure it wasn’t Bob Dickie from Littlemore? I love that guy, but he knows jack about leg injuries.

15 minutes after the end of the game? You sure it wasn’t Bob Dickie from Littlemore? I love that guy, but he knows jack about leg injuries.

Was quite surprised myself, but it was him. Spoke about the game, had photos with the kids etc.

Planted leg and Mceachran looks to have made contact above shin. Could just be quality of video though.

My completely non-doctor-but-have-done-my-ACL-and-had-knee-reconstruction layman analysis...

Sadly...textbook ACL rupture.
Pain is a funny thing. Some ACL patients say it's the worst pain they've ever experienced. I played cricket the next day after doing mine.

Fingers crossed for positive news and get well soon Shandon!

• React
Reactions: Ian
There’s been some fairly long ACL discussions on a Rob Hall thread some time back. I think there may even be someone who works in Orthopaedics who posts here?

As Berliner has said looks like knee ligaments to me (having done it three times).

Gutted for the lad as he looked like a really good prospect earlier in the season. We’ll have to wait and see what happens. I think with his style of play and position this may be another Hall situation but I’ll be very pleased to be proved wrong.

If this is a true fact, then Robinson needs to talk to Dickie on Monday and ask for an explaination. We have a game on Tuesday and some real tough games over the next few weeks. Maybe it was all innocent and Dickie was on soft drinks with friends and family. The players have to step up and be professional more so than ever.

He came into the pub looking for someone then left , nothing to see here , move on .
Presumably players are allowed to go to the pub at appropriate points during the season, if they have a day off the next day. What happens after a game anyway? I sort of imagine an awkward cocktail party with the opposition players and officials

If this is a true fact, then Robinson needs to talk to Dickie on Monday and ask for an explaination. We have a game on Tuesday and some real tough games over the next few weeks. Maybe it was all innocent and Dickie was on soft drinks with friends and family. The players have to step up and be professional more so than ever.

Maybe he knows he’s not playing Tuesday?

GET A GRIP. Players have lives out side of football and i think you'll find lots of players from every team go out after a game on a Saturday because they don't train again until Monday.

Sorry, what a load of rubbish. It appears he entered a pub between 1700 and 1800 on a Saturday. You have no idea what he was doing there and quite frankly why should you. Just entering a pub on a Saturday afternoon does not mean there is any reason to suspect unprofessional behaviour.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom