Home Match Day Thread +++ 03/09/2019 Leasing.com Trophy : OUFC V Norwich U21 +++

Sarge

God like member
potentially the lowest ever attendance at the Breeze block for an OUFC game- a mix of youth(U18), U23 and squad players will make up most of the team- plus Agyei and Thorne... maybe Jack Stevens will get a rare start in goal.

Doubt I'll go and watch it live, ( albeit petty, I am against encouraging the powers that be at EFL - who, IMO, are useless incompetents as proven with the fit n proper checks they (never) carried out re Dale @ Bury- to impose Premier league kids into an E F L competition), but will tune in to Rad Ox for coverage.

referee for the tinpot trophy match is Chris Sarginson, who sent Kashi off in the win over Shrewsbury last season

fancy a 3-1 win with a brace from Lofthouse and Agyei with the other

Last edited:
with tickets for WHU cup game going on general sale more or less to coincide with tomorrow nights tinpot trophy game - after a very short window of a few hours for ST holders to secure their usual seat- it seems the marketing dept are trying to boost attendance for tomorrow nights tinpot trophy game.

with tickets for WHU cup game going on general sale more or less to coincide with tomorrow nights tinpot trophy game - after a very short window of a few hours for ST holders to secure their usual seat- it seems the marketing dept are trying to boost attendance for tomorrow nights tinpot trophy game.

That's not right Sarge. There's a week's gap between the ST holders being able to buy tickets (3rd Sept) and those with ticket stubs (9.30am on the 10th), those on the database at the start of the season (5.30 on the 10th) and general sale (13th).

That's not right Sarge. There's a week's gap between the ST holders being able to buy tickets (3rd Sept) and those with ticket stubs (9.30am on the 10th), those on the database at the start of the season (5.30 on the 10th) and general sale (13th).
cheers for the correction @ZeroTheHero - reading from off a very small screen,while on a break, probably not the best way to get the full info :rolleyes:

Stevens
Long Dickie Moore Berkoe
Hanson Thorne
Hall Sykes Forde
Agyei

3-0, Agyei x2 + Hall

I don’t think it’s fair that people who don’t have a ST but went to the two previous unglamorous ties have to wait until next week to use the ticket stubs to be able to get tickets I think should of been people who went to the first two ties and ST holders get tickets from tomorrow and then ticket stubs from home league games next week and so on

I don’t think it’s fair that people who don’t have a ST but went to the two previous unglamorous ties have to wait until next week to use the ticket stubs to be able to get tickets I think should of been people who went to the first two ties and ST holders get tickets from tomorrow and then ticket stubs from home league games next week and so on
Agree @oufc1991 ... if you include oufc membership holders too ? ;)

btw -Ive got my stubs from both league cup games and an OUFC membership- though my sister is getting memy WHU ticket via her ST:sneaky:

Except that being first in line for cup game tickets is advertised as one of the advantages of buying a season ticket (and ST holders will want their regular seat). But there weren't that many people at the other games, so I am sure all ticket stub holders will get a ticket as well in this case.

Except that being first in line for cup game tickets is advertised as one of the advantages of buying a season ticket (and ST holders will want their regular seat). But there weren't that many people at the other games, so I am sure all ticket stub holders will get a ticket as well in this case.
I agree part of getting a ST is priority to certain matches but I just feel it’s abit unfair when people who don’t have a ST but bother to go to the unglamorous cup games eg tomorrow night nd LG cup firsts two rounds have to wait a week for ST holders to get there tickets first but never mind ST holders are the life of the club I suppose

Agree @oufc1991 ... if you include oufc membership holders too ? ;)

btw -Ive got my stubs from both league cup games and an OUFC membership- though my sister is getting memy WHU ticket via her ST:sneaky:
I also have my stubs from 1st two rounds and home league games so hopefully I’m able to get my tickets ?next week

"We are going to go in the Oxford game fired up and looking forward to it. They might look upon us as a young team or it could go the other way and they see us as scalp. We are ready to showcase ourselves."

This bit about being a scalp made me laugh, you're playing for Norwich U23s mate, not Real Madrid.
Is it u23 or u21 ? I'm confused

"We are going to go in the Oxford game fired up and looking forward to it. They might look upon us as a young team or it could go the other way and they see us as scalp. We are ready to showcase ourselves."

This bit about being a scalp made me laugh, you're playing for Norwich U23s mate, not Real Madrid.
I remember Kevin Francis and Joey sticking a goal apiece past them at home in the league 20-odd years ago. Also watching on Sky around the same time as we beat them at Carrow Road. Even Andy Thomson got a goal that day.

Think you’re right - we’re probably safe from being enamoured by the great Norwich City U11s.

I’m going to this one for some reason (because it’s cheap)

I’d like to see:

Stevens
Long Mousinho Jones Berkoe
Hanson
Baptiste Sykes
Hall Agyei Fosu
Sub off Fosu and Baptiste on 60 mins and bring on Thorne and a winger.

Stevens
Long Mous Moore Berkoe
Hanson Baptiste Sykes
Hall Mackie Forde

SUBS: Agyei, Thorne, Jones, Fosu, Zamouri, Lofthouse, Eastwood.​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom