+++ 03/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 1 - Pompey v OUFC+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have been back for a little while now and played games to get back up to speed. Did you see the opening games in the Premiership? Aston Villa V Sheffield United was a terrible standard.

I am confident we will go up a few gears on Monday and it's our turn to take the game to them.
True. I think that also there’s an element of anticipation that we’re back that doesn’t quite live up to reality

Didn't watch the Fleetwood game. Heard that there was a flare on the pitch at one point. Is that right? How did it happen?

Didn't watch the Fleetwood game. Heard that there was a flare on the pitch at one point. Is that right? How did it happen?

Was chucked over the fence from the road and just missed the linesman. Glad Fleetwood lost even if it was against them noisy neighbours down the m40. Fleetwood got out s**t housed which was good to see. But I don't fear Wycombe in the final, we have already proved we won't rise to their antics and get on and play are game.

What a strange comment.

What would be in it?

Enthusiasm maybe that he had scored , and had helped his future club stay in the play off race? He's another who I fear wont be here next season, especially with a new manager at Boro who will give every player a fresh chance to impress. We're rarely going to be able to retain players like Taylor, Browne, Brannigan until we either make the championship, or see an increase in investment from the board or outside source.

To further the boxing analogy. I thought we took some pretty good shots from them last night. Set pieces are a big piece of their game it seems, so we did well to keep them out.

Monday will be a hard game, but I didn't see anything that would concern me. Pompey are good at what they do, but their game plan is not hard to decipher. The team will need a change or two, but it's very achievable. I do think Sykes is a player that should come in as his movement will cause them problems.

I think we will see a very different Pompey on Monday. Expect Curtis and Williams on the wings pinging in to Marquis. Its going to be a toughie.

• React
Reactions: Ian
I think we will see a very different Pompey on Monday. Expect Curtis and Williams on the wings pinging in to Marquis. Its going to be a toughie.
If I was the Portsmouth manager that is what I would be looking to do, Williams down one side and Curtis the other could cause problems. Hopefully we can get on the ball more and push them back - since may leave them more exposed defensively.

I thought they were very one sided and gave Long a bit of a doing over. They seem to think he is the weak spot.
Shore that up a bit and play the same style of game we will do them easy enough.
Moore & Dickie were pretty rock solid in the middle and when we started moving the ball quickly to feet we looked by far the better, more fluid team.

Was it my imagination or was the pitch at Pompey wider then normal??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom