+++ 03/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 1 - Pompey v OUFC+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it’s very early but I don’t think anyone would have predicted this score at half time in the wycombe fleetwood match

bloody hard watching that on my small screen.
not spectacular but wasn’t expecting it to be.
bring on monday. reckon we might just do this

I think this game will have done us a lot of good. We’ll improve in the the 2nd leg.

All to play for!

Hopefully, its an omen.

We drew with Rushden 1-1 in the 1st leg of the play-offs in 2010, then won the home leg 2-0.
Whereas we beat Exeter 1-0 away in the playoffs, then for some reason the second leg was never played? I have no recollection of it anyway... What was that flash of a vision, a 1 on 1 missed? Erm, no, game never happened...

As in the league game there, Browne was getting kicked all over the park right from the kickoff. Looks like we badly need a right back, Long did his best, Curtis was to good for him, also dont think Eastwood has had all that good a season by his standards, should have kept the lad we had on loan when he was out injured

Two clearly capable sides, both clearly rusty!
We could easily have lost that tonight, but defended well at times, I'll take a draw.

Woodburn was way off the standard required, and has missed far too much of the season to even be considered ahead of Sykes, who did more within the first couple of minutes after coming on than Woodburn did for the entire previous 53mins, so has to start on Monday.

Although not great tonight, Brannagan had some very useful moments, and showed how vital he is to our midfield, so hope to god he's ok for Monday, as he was noticeably absent when he went off, and we'll really struggle on Monday without his influence.

Dickie had a good game, and showed some real class and composure, he's got premiership written all over him.

Moore was ok, did nothing wrong, and I think he's improved a lot throughout the season, but on Monday, I'd like to see Mous come back into the side alongside Dickie, he's performed so well all season, he deserves the chance to play a big part in the playoffs, and his leadership skills could be crucial on Monday.

That said, it was great to see the lads in action again after so long, and it's still all to play for, it's now in our hands to go and do a job on Monday.

COYY

Poor game but I think it was never going to be a classic. Fair result in the end. I don’t think they can play any other way but we can. Roll on Monday. Now hopefully the carp are biting. COYY

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    931.3 KB · Views: 57
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom