+++ 03/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 1 - Pompey v OUFC+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful first 20. I think if half time hadnt have come wed have sneaked. Very obviously went for the draw second half. Would have bitten hands off for 1 nil after 20 so definitely take 1-1.

Well done lads. Enjoy the weekend everyone.

My girl wasn't impressed... She says, "they kept losing the ball.". I won't disagree!!!

We have a lot more to give, but we took their punches and they didn't work Eastwood as much as I think they would have. We need to get better but the nerves should be gone and the players know what to expect.

I think after that start a draw is a welcome result.

A few thoughts:

Woodburn isn't fit enough, can't blame him after his back to back injuries.

Cam Bran, hope it isn't a hamstring! Made some crucial touches.

Overall improvement needed, but not much time!

Last edited:
Do Away goals count for anything? 0-0 at ours we go through? suspect not..... just like GD, away goals worth the same as any goals

reasonably fair result, they had the better of it overall but after not getting more than 1 with Curtis's opener, I would've felt pretty pissed off if we had lost that one. Curtis complains about everything, that was never a Pen at the end, looked like he kicked the ground and fell over when he spun away from Agyei.

Monday, Woodburn has to be on the bench, Sykes SO much better. Hoping Brannagan didn't tweak a hamstring, that was a huge bag of ice he picked up when he came off. Rest of the team was ok once Long settled down after getting torched in the first 35 mins.

Take that. It was never going to be flowing football. Good equaliser and I think Karl's management of the subs for the second game was spot on. I don't think he was worried about getting the win but was concentrating on fitness for Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom