+++ 03/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 1 - Pompey v OUFC+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brannagan appears to be just a cramp issue, but the club are waiting until tomorrow's recovery day. Taylor not trained for 3 weeks and Browne had niggles.

Robbo had a pop at the ref for letting Browne be kicked by their full back so much

Also think it's worth mentioning, in front of a full Fratton Park I reckon we lose that today. It's remarkable how much less urgency there seems to be without crowd noise, they were so on top early on that that crowd would have been spurring them on.

Robbo had a pop at the ref for letting Browne be kicked by their full back so much

What else is new

Will take that result after the start we had. I think we were lucky on the penalty shout for Dickie's holding of Burgess (?) in the 1st half.

The penalty claim that Ronan Curtis was crying about after the game in the 2nd half, he grabbed Agyei 1st. Then again Curtis moaned all game. Nice foul by Gorrin on him towards the end, taking one for the team and really making Curtis cry to the Ref (who was already setting up to book Gorrin). Curtis is a major threat for them though.

And will we finally get a game on Monday that isn't really windy, considering we are in July?

Did alright today considering. Some good solid defence in 2nd half. Glimpses of quality and the goal was good. Quiet for Woody, just don't know where best to play him. Sykes should start on Monday. Hopefully Brann is fit, if not, Kelly can come in. Another big night at Grenoble Road. Quietly confident.

The other tie is nuts. No idea what will happen in that one.

Eastwood - 6 - Maybe could have done better for the goal but was solid otherwise

Ruffels - 7 - The usual from him, saving his 90th min winner for next week
Dickie - 8 - Led by example, think the only penalty should have been the handball.
Moore - 7 - Did well, no mistakes + won the physical battles
Long - 6 - Story of two halves, did so well to recover and had a fine second half

Gorrin - 6 - Not his best game, out of position a bit 1st half
Woodburn - 5 - Not loads of mistakes, game just seemed to pass him by
Brannagan - 7 - Goal saving tackle matched with hard work + drove us forward well

Henry - 5 - Poorest game he's had in a while, dead ball delivery was decent but anonymous otherwise
Taylor - 6 - Worked hard for little reward
Browne - 9 - Brilliant performance, by far our best attacking outlet + tracked back

Sykes - 7 - Did well after coming on, earnt a start on Monday
Others subs didn't make too much of an impact

Will take that result after the start we had. I think we were lucky on the penalty shout for Dickie's holding of Burgess (?) in the 1st half.

The penalty claim that Ronan Curtis was crying about after the game in the 2nd half, he grabbed Agyei 1st. Then again Curtis moaned all game. Nice foul by Gorrin on him towards the end, taking one for the team and really making Curtis cry to the Ref (who was already setting up to book Gorrin). Curtis is a major threat for them though.

And will we finally get a game on Monday that isn't really windy, considering we are in July?

as far back as I can remember Pompey have always been niggling, whinging cheating wankers, to a man ... nowt changed either , squealing like stuck pigs when they were as much as looked at and 'winning' iffy decisions

I thought Long struggled when the ball wasn't in front of him with space. You can see where he struggles to recover if the winger gets by him. He's a grafter though, and gives what he has every game.

Eastwood - 6 - Maybe could have done better for the goal but was solid otherwise

Ruffels - 7 - The usual from him, saving his 90th min winner for next week
Dickie - 8 - Led by example, think the only penalty should have been the handball.
Moore - 7 - Did well, no mistakes + won the physical battles
Long - 6 - Story of two halves, did so well to recover and had a fine second half

Gorrin - 6 - Not his best game, out of position a bit 1st half
Woodburn - 5 - Not loads of mistakes, game just seemed to pass him by
Brannagan - 7 - Goal saving tackle matched with hard work + drove us forward well

Henry - 5 - Poorest game he's had in a while, dead ball delivery was decent but anonymous otherwise
Taylor - 6 - Worked hard for little reward
Browne - 9 - Brilliant performance, by far our best attacking outlet + tracked back

Sykes - 7 - Did well after coming on, earnt a start on Monday
Others subs didn't make too much of an impact

I agree apart from a couple:

Eastwood was a 5 as he should not have got beaten like that and I'd say Easty would say the same. I'd say their keeper will say the same about our goal.

I don't think Browne was a 9 either, a great goal but drifted in and out of the game, probably a 7 overall.

Apart from one or two challenges in the box, Dickie was my man of the match.

as far back as I can remember Pompey have always been niggling, whinging cheating wankers, to a man ... nowt changed either , squealing like stuck pigs when they were as much as looked at and 'winning' iffy decisions

Mickey Quinn was an artist at it though unlike Ronan Curtis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom