+++ 03/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 1 - Pompey v OUFC+++

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew some will say that it lacks ambition but I’d rather be in a league we can be competitive in than struggle for the whole season and come straight back down. To be honest I’m not sure its worth it?

What's the point in any of it if you're not trying to get promoted?

Feels like the 1st game of the season... I have no idea what to expect.

The lads have done us proud so far this season..... COYY’s

Stomach is churning just a smidge.

why is there a thought process that we'll auto get regular drubbings if we reach the championship?

Because the Championship is a tough division for any League 1 side entering it nowadays. Parachute payments make the playing field a lot harder for a club that has a capacity of 12k or so.

For the last few seasons the following sides were promoted from League 1 and I've included their position where they came in the Championship the following season. Only two have come straight back down but not a lot of high place finishes in there which indicates you'll have to accept a number of defeats as a newbie in that tier.

2015-16
Wigan 23rd (R)
Burton 20th
Barnsley 14th

2016-17
Sheffield United 10th
Bolton 21st
Millwall 8th

2017-18
Wigan 18th
Blackburn 15th
Rotherham 22nd (R)

2018-19 (2019-20 to be finalised of course)
Luton 24th
Barnsley 23rd
Charlton 18th

Because the Championship is a tough division for any League 1 side entering it nowadays. Parachute payments make the playing field a lot harder for a club that has a capacity of 12k or so.

For the last few seasons the following sides were promoted from League 1 and I've included their position where they came in the Championship the following season. Only two have come straight back down but not a lot of high place finishes in there which indicates you'll have to accept a number of defeats as a newbie in that tier.

2015-16
Wigan 23rd (R)
Burton 20th
Barnsley 14th

2016-17
Sheffield United 10th
Bolton 21st
Millwall 8th

2017-18
Wigan 18th
Blackburn 15th
Rotherham 22nd (R)

2018-19 (2019-20 to be finalised of course)
Luton 24th
Barnsley 23rd
Charlton 18th
So 4 of 12 went straight down?
Oh the horror, let’s fold and go into the southern league to avoid such horrors as finishing 18th in the second tier

Getting proper butterflies now.

We don’t have a particularly physical side, and I feel like coming out of lockdown, raw physicality is likely to prevail over footballing ability, as the more footballing sides are out of practice. With it being the first game back and away from home, I reckon we’ll lose today. However, as in the L2 playoffs, where both teams that lost their first leg games went through to the final, I reckon we’ll make up the difference at home on Monday.

COYY

well after much consideration and hassle i’ve purchased the day pass for £9.99. will be a bit small on my phone screen but better than nothing.
COYY
The mobile sports pass is 5.99 a week.

coyy lets get straight at them from the start don’t give them time to settle if the season hadn’t been cut short we would have been at least in Rotherham position now so let’s make sure we’re the 3rd team to go up this game feels nearly as big as the 2010 p.o games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom