+++ 03/07/20 L1 Play Off Semi Final: Leg 1 - Pompey v OUFC+++

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northstandboy

Owner
Staff member
Last edited:
Nervous AF.

Will we come out of the blocks like a team that’s been working toward this minute since lockdown, or will we look like a bunch of blokes getting back together for a kick around after the summer holidays? Ditto for Pompey.

Well done ESB, I fear my Lincoln thread start can never be replicated!

Echo your thoughts on this , if ever united players performs to their best I think that we will shade it, it’s imperative that we get a draw at least on Friday

a shaky 0-0 at theirs and gets us into 1st gear for monday and into the final! (please)

What a cracking Semi Final, I honestly cannot call this one. I feel Pompey are a little bit more prepared. We will beat them at home, they will beat us at home so will be down to the aggregate scoreline.

Discuss!

bit 'early' for a MDT ( not before midday on the day prior to the actual match , isnt it/ wasnt it) ? ... or have YF rules changed for the lockdown restriction period? ;) ... there is build up to playoff thread already running too :sneaky:

I fancy the U's to go into the 2nd leg, with a one goal lead

Last edited:
bit 'early' for a MDT ( not before midday on the day prior to the actual match , isnt it/ wasnt it) ? ... or have YF rules changed for the lockdown restriction period? ;) ... there is build up to playoff thread already running too :sneaky:

I fancy the U's to go into the 2nd leg, with a one goal lead

One rule for us, another for the owners/mods eh ?

At a time of year when the club would be planning/on a summer tour, we've got our biggest games of the year in the space of 4 days, after 3 months of zero competitive football.

There is no form here, proper cup ties in that sense. I guess you can only look at what has gone before for clues...our style is a given, we should be fit for the full 90 minutes...we've turned up for big games this season...we don't know when we are beat....

Easty, Long, Moore, Dickie, Ruffs, Gorrin, Bran, Woody, Browne, Taylor, Henry.

Friday 0-1
Monday 1-1

Most of the Pompey fans i know think its a for gone conclusion. Because they are a bigger club and have more fans ect ect. I think they think all they have to do is turn up. There a funny bunch down here. Mind there are some that really rate us but they are in a minority. I so hope the boys can do us proud.

Most of the Pompey fans i know think its a for gone conclusion. Because they are a bigger club and have more fans ect ect. I think they think all they have to do is turn up. There a funny bunch down here. Mind there are some that really rate us but they are in a minority. I so hope the boys can do us proud.

Barely a tooth between most of the Portsmouth fans I know

I reckon we’ll have just as many fans there as they do

Pompey are favourites, we should use this.

I think we'll just have enough to get past Portsmouth over the two legs but if we don't, I'll be hoping Portsmouth beat either of the pub sides in the final.
Agreed - would struggle to stomach either WW or FW in the second tier...

I actually fear that Pompey will go up - especially given that the team that just crawled into the playoffs have just come up from L2, are the team that are only in the playoffs because of the choice of PPG over WPPG going to do the same??

Their forum has some pretty reasonable and sensible chitter chatter and mostly “not a clue” on result

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom