Away Match Day Thread +++ 03/04/2019 Coventry City Ladies FC v OUWFC +++

nick68

Very tough game to try and bounce back from Sunday's first league defeat since October, saying that the hosts suffered their first league defeat of the season on Sunday so will be interesting how that affects them too.

As you can see from the latest league table it's very close at the top, we still have to play Cardiff at home who themselves still have to play Coventry at home on the final game.

Nice, forgive my ignorance but is there promotion for finishing top 3 or anything of the like?

I could be wrong but i believe promotion to the FA Women's Championship is only for the Southern (Coventry) and Northern (Balckburn) league winners, there is some criteria that needs to be met for promotion (no idea what) so if the league winner cannot fulfill that commitment then promotion is offered to the 2nd placed team and so on i guess.

No relegation from the FA Women's Championship although with the FA involved they'll probably change the rules to suit.

For future seasons they say the plan is to have one up one down in the top 3 divisions which i believe would mean a play-off between the Southern and Northern league winners for that one promotion place.

Obviously all of the above is changeable particularly if Yeovil (who are in administration and already relegated) aren't able to compete next season.

Last edited:
Its Coventry UNITED, not City ?

Where is this being played, anyone know? I dont think its at Butts Park where CU mens play as thats used for rugby union, league and American football as well and the pitch looked awful from the train to City the other week

Its Coventry UNITED, not City ?

Where is this being played, anyone know? I dont think its at Butts Park where CU mens play as thats used for rugby union, league and American football as well and the pitch looked awful from the train to City the other week

Daventry Town.

I could be wrong but i believe promotion to the FA Women's Championship is only for the Southern (Coventry) and Northern (Balckburn) league winners, there is some criteria that needs to be met for promotion (no idea what) so if the league winner cannot fulfill that commitment then promotion is offered to the 2nd placed team and so on i guess.

No relegation from the FA Women's Championship although with the FA involved they'll probably change the rules to suit.

For future seasons they say the plan is to have one up one down in the top 3 divisions which i believe would mean a play-off between the Southern and Northern league winners for that one promotion place.

Obviously all of the above is changeable particularly if Yeovil (who are in administration and already relegated) aren't able to compete next season.

As things stand, everything you said is correct. But like you also said, things could very easily change. The FA seem to take liberties and make things up as they go along at times.

It's crazy that Blackburn can win the league, but now have to wait for the FA to okay their promotion based on a paper application. It will never sit well with me that a couple of bigwigs on an office decide that kind of thing.

Last edited:
Yes clearly me typing City instead of Utd was force of habit, happy to be corrected.

Last edited:
2-0 defeat tonight.

Next game at home to Portsmouth on Sunday 14th April.

Cant go, its Thames Valley walking football League day at Bisham Abbey
Oxford United A - Bisham Premiership
Oxford United B - Bisham League 1
Oxford United C - Bisham League 2

Good luck to the Ladies anyway :D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom